Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New skatepark in Cork

Options
  • 21-02-2003 12:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭

In yesterdays Examiner in one of those little articles that are down the side of the page it said the council will open a new skate park in Bishopstown Leisureworld, which will be managed by the Leisureworld crowd. I've no ideas when this will be happening but it's definetely good news.

It's about time really.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭Cork Skate

Yeah ... it is good news but it is a bit sketchy still. The council dont own Leisureworld so i cant see how they can build anything there.

It was in the Evening Echo aswell and there has been some more air time on the radio aswell. So all the pieces fit together alright but there has been nothing definite from the council yet (that i know of anyhow)

fingers crossed .... and if i hear anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭jaarius

i've heard of this alright.

am i wrong in thinking that it was the council (or its lack of support on the insurance issue) that closed the skate park on the quays? then supporting the one in bishopstown would seem unfair on the folks who worked hard to get the old one up and running.

i am open to clarification... indeed would welcome it.

jaz?

Lads,

Leisureworld IS owned by the council and the running of it is subcontracted out from what i gather. I have heard more news on it and it appears that it is only getting 1,500 sq foot which is small enough. I have heard that the council have been looking at Waterford park and Kilkenny (Quarry i'd presume)

Again lads ..... this is all rumour and i have heard nothing concrete yet, it all sounds good but dont hold your breathe just yet :)

Fingers crossed an' all that !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭Enygma

Hmmm.....wonder if we could get a Flowrider there too.....now that would be the coolest thing ever!

Originally posted by Enygma
    Flowrider

Flowrider ... What is ?? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭Enygma

www.flowrider.com

They're getting one in dublin. We could use one here too y'know. Would be sweet.

Advertisement