Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Logging In?

• 20-02-2003 6:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know how to log into computers in carlow IT without using your own user/pass cos last year you could use
    user: Carlow2002 pass:Carlow to log in. It doesnt work anymore though anyone know the new one

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

isn't there a guest/guest account?.. but it has no net connection or something.. I'm not sure.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,962 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

as far as I know there are not anymore there used to be a few of them carlow carlow etc but they got slightly abused

"slightly abused" hehehe, I'm sure they did :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭Redrocket

guest login got abused by me in the first week with 30 concurrent conections to 30 different computers in lab A307 oops.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭gogo

As far as I know the new one is carlowit and the pass is carlowit, but haven't tried this since before christmas, think it probably has got disabled as well, loadsa people logging on using it/abusing it.

gogo

• Advertisement

cant remember that one but there is a new one that is working that is better than the one that i got taken off. this one has internet access!!!! wow! what do ye want guest accounts for anyways?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 836 ✭✭✭Snowball

there is a guest acc. but I hope no muppet posts it.

if ur in the college u'll get a log in, or if ur like Mordeth and u pretend to be attending ;)

no no no, mordeth is attending, he just doesnt bother with the lectures/labs/practicals and exams like the one we had at 12 today

oh and ste, if u get the acc closed again I will use the hand of god to smite u!!!!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭TomTom

snowball, i don't see why you think no one should post the guest login. everyone is entitled to use it and no matter how many times it is shut down a new one will be set up. So the question is should i post it or not?

• Advertisement

no, it's bad enough me, cillian (not the real cillian) +ivan+ and a few others abusin it for the net connection.. dont let everyone abuse it...

don't call him cillian! that's not his name!!!

god damnit!

bitchy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

Mordeth do you not like your oops i mean his name??

Originally posted by Snowball
    oh and ste, if u get the acc closed again I will use the hand of god to smite u!!!!
    So in other words you'll do nothin

mord: i cant help it :) im **** with names and faces

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

StevenK was the no.1 abuser of the guest account. How many PC's did you log in there one night under it, 20, 30. I wonder why it was disabled.......:p

it was disabled cause it was abused............jez some people are just stupid!!!!! ;)

Originally posted by dempseyt
    StevenK was the no.1 abuser of the guest account. How many PC's did you log in there one night under it, 20, 30. I wonder why it was disabled.......:p
    the count is easier if u dont count in PC's but count in rooms

hahah, alright dempsey hows things, it was only a few pcs.... and at it put presure on the techies to give us a comp socks account.. which worked, i think we had it that night or the next night.
    abuse??!? i wouldnd know how to abuse!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,104 ✭✭✭mada999

got stung with the guest account yesterday, what a gyp!

got stung? today i realised that the guest account was disabled again... did you do something? i know i downloaded about 300mb off it yesterday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,104 ✭✭✭mada999

i was just sitting in a lab and the young computer services guy told me to log off it . . . .

haha, the young smart lookin guy with gelled hair shirt, trousers and shoes???
    haha, what else did he say?? you cant use this account?

Slaps all round, ffs, they open the guest acc again and its closed with in days :rolleyes:

tut tut to all ye abusive users

maybe i am bein stupid here but why don't yee use your own account??

because they monitor your account a certain amount. let's say you download 700mb in one day ( like anyone would be able to downlaod that much crap in one day ??? eh stevie?? especially illegal crap...... ) and they notice that you are abusing their bandwidth, they might suspend your account for a week or ass rape you or just plain old warn you. so another account would be usefull for spreading out your bandwidth needs ;)

Advertisement