Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NWN - Campaign

Options
  • 20-02-2003 5:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭

Hail squire (as we say in rpg land),

Just wondering if people want another campaign run or additional nights for the current campaign. I can run this as either a seperate vault or teh current one.

on the subject of the time of games, who would like one earlier ? and at what time.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Greetings and well met!

Anyway are yo talking about the mon/wed night campaigns? Or the other one that seems to run all the time?

If its the mon/wed night you mean then i would not mind a little earlier... say 7 or 7:30 instead of 8:30... also some time at the weekend might be good like a Saturday of maybe one of them Sunday afternoons when there is little else to do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

I'm thinking of leaving the current campaign at its current time (just so that if I ever get a decent connection again I can play), there are a group of ppl who need a later time to get back from work and all. But to help you guys an hour behind the proper time :) or ppl who just want to play a bit more we could start a second campaign. Then again we could play the current campaign one more night a week.

the normal game will stay running as always, that diskworld one is pretty good, but u guys must be getting tired of it ? want a new one suggestions ppl ?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,339 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoLth

I think we should leave the mon/wed ones as they are (maybe a little earlier, say 8 instead of 8:30).

We used to run the games on friday but that interfered with pub time for people. I can see the same happening for saturday and sunday.

Wouldn't mind a seperate campaign for thursdays maybe or fridays. but I'd prefer to have a completely seperate one, new PCs etc as some people could no tplay three nights a week and would end up missing sessions and the group would be missing items.

Trouble is, if we keep playing campaigns at this rate, we will run out of scenarios :)

I would not mind having a go of that other one.. any chance of copying my Saruman character so i can use him in it? Is it even possible?? It took me ages and i got him to level 6 last night and finally got my Fireball spell :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Jak

Em, well I haven't been the most frequent player of late.

Though I have played about on the PW and that was fun.

Anyhows, I really don't know what times suit me anymore. I think the only day I could play NWN would be Thursday, as I usually play NS Mon/Wed and work late Tues/Fri. Weekends are always fully out for me.

But I don't mind anyhows, I'll just take a look in when I can.

• Advertisement

http://nwvault.ign.com/Files/modules/data/Kevin%20Keogh2.shtml

how about this for a thursday campaign?

New 1st level chars would be nice (I might have a go at a paladin this time :) or maybe a monk after seeing shan and elmer in action!).

I would suggest that we dont take the same character classes though. Lets others have a bit of variety without having "too many cooks".

ps. if this is group play then we don't play the prequel, so I would suggest we play the prequel off line on our own to get a feel for the module setting etc. (different authors have their own style whether it be trap placemetn, chests, locked doors etc,) that they tend to carry on throughout a series.

just a suggestion :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭FlashBang

I wouldn't mind if the mon/wed campaigns started at least a bit earlier (as was mentioned, maybe 8 instead of 8:30). The sooner the better for me as I have to go to bed rather soon as I'm 1 hour ahead of most of you.

Campaign on friday would be nice. Thursday won't work for me at all as I'm at THW-HQ from 7pm to 9pm (your time. 8pm to 10 pm my time). But if the majority wants it on thursday, I won't try to block anything.

Generally for me: the sooner the better. But too soon intervenes with other ppl's work so it's a tricky situation here.

Lets wait till everyone posted his suggestions.

cya
    - Flash

I'm going to be a bit mean here :) and keep the session at 8:30 on wednesdays as is ( so that I can play once eircom get there finger out and sort my connection ). I've very limited time and between getting home and doing stuff around the house etc 8:30 is the earliest for me.

But for the other days I dont mind, we can move monday forward to 8:30 if ppl want. As for a new server with a new vault, that what I was planning just pick days and times and a nice module and I'll do the rest.

Well Darkside is on tomorrow so 24 hours of games... a lot if not all can be NWN for me... Though im not sure if i can hack 24 hours of non stop gaming!! Might crawl home at 4am or something.

So who is going from the mon/wed night campaigns?

have to admit that mon and wed game would be the main game for me.

any other game would be a "bit on the side" that I might not always turn up for. Can't do tuesdays (not until April anyway as I'm off getting de-MSiffied) and Friday doesn't really work as we found out before (pub etc). Only day I could turn up now and then for would be Thursday.

Mind you, a second server might help reduce the numbers turning up on mon/wed (not that it's bad having a lot of allies). ten PCs in the party is hectic. Maybe we could run two completely seperate campaigns with players signing up to one or the other? 5-a-side would be good. (assuming mantel and jayk return, and lomir becomes more regular)

for example:

Mon/wed
    Me
    BC
    Lomir (on off)
    Elmer
    Rev (on off)
    Mantel (?)
    Jayk (on off)

Tue/Fri
    Flash
    Saruman
    Crusty
    Laeus
    etc
    etc

that's just an example. I'm not suggesting that as an actual divide, and I am sure that I am missing someone.

Anyone know anyone interested in joining NWN? If necessary we could use them as ablative shielding.. eh, I mean padding to round out the groups.

I know
    Bramble and Draco might be interested.

Main advantage of dividing the group rigidly, is that we can run the same scenarios on both servers (at different times maybe) and not have to worry about people having played them before and spoiling other player's fun.

thoughts, flames?, hurled abuse?

• Advertisement

rev, does that eman we can have the "weekly" server and the campaign server up at the same time?

If we have enough a divide would be good....

Anyway if we set up a different server with new characters i know what im going to go with.. something different for a start. Same with tomorrow.. i think im going to find religion and go Cleric!! Should be fun and its lethal against undead.. i can spout a few thee's and thou's and smite thee's

All i need is a God... hmmm...

not sure if it would be advisable to run a two active nwn servers, a portal server, and a large ns server on the one box. Both nwn and ns can be pretty big resource hogs once they get going, which is why I typically drop the standard server.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Light0r

Hmm - why not find one for ordinary use on the server... "alike" nordock or what ever it was called - except not so ... crap
    So - the main server would have a room or tavern or what ever - and we would spawn there. then go outside and it would be like going through the portal - dunno if its possible to have 2 "modules" on the 1 server .. but it would really only be one - and then a room.
    And then to have the campaign server on the 2nd server ?
    Ppl's times too - it could be discussed - but to maby have one on one night - and evenly spread the aquard 7-day week :x
    like every 3/4 nights it would be campaign night - instead of ... 1 day seperatance and then 5 ??
    That's my opinion - one server with a base module - with temple to teleport,heal etc (and a tavern meeting place alike" - and then another one for the campaign.
    You choose to go out the door to go to the base mod / or go to the portal for the campaign ?
    imo :P
    - Light

Advertisement