Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BBC NI TV History

Options
  • 20-02-2003 3:00pm
    Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,539 Mod ✭✭✭✭

For those interested in the history of broadcasting up the North, BBC ONE NI are running a six-part series on the subject.

Last night began with a LE-fest - from "Romper Room" to "Kelly". Lots of old BBC NI and UTV idents to be seen...

Wednesdays, 10:35pm, BBC ONE Northern Ireland.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

Bu**er. Forgot all about it. :mad: :mad:

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,539 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Colm O'Rourke was on it!

And that makes it worse :(

You didnt tape it by any chance? I've scanned the schedules to see when it will be repeated, but no time soon :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭lawhec

Colm O'Rourke was on it!
    And that makes it worse :(

Hey! This is my cousin you're talking about here! :p

I sat down midway through it, it did some coverage of BBC NI and UTV produced programs over the years, including The Show, Kelly, Barry McGuigan's horrific chat show, and PK tonight - I only tuned in about halfway mind ye and then I see Colm poke his head in! He never told me anything about this.....

Dont get me wrong, NC, Thats what I wanted to see!! I have met Collie, I'm really kicking myself now that I missed that. :(:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,439 ✭✭✭Richard

Originally posted by DMC
    Dont get me wrong, NC, Thats what I wanted to see!! I have met Collie, I'm really kicking myself now that I missed that. :(:(

I got a surprise too, and shouted "I KNOW HIM" at the TV, much to the confusion of one on my housemates. I then had to explain how I knew Colm without actually having met him.

Colm has some pictures on his website of both weeks' shows.

http://members.lycos.co.uk/outvw/

Excellent Richard, I saw it this week. Excellent programme.

'Man Collie!

Advertisement