Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom rep gives DSL price shocker!

Options
  • 19-02-2003 7:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,427 ✭✭✭

I had another visit from two Eircom reps (one of whom was Jenifer Anistons spit) asking me again why i left for UTV. Told em again about my bill going from bout €160 a month to €50. She asked had i heard about Eircom 'options'? I laughed. She frowned. Anyways she said are you interested in broadband? Yes i said. We launching it now in March for €40 a month are you interested she asked. Yea i said again but not with a cap. A what? she said. I explained to her Eircoms last DSL offer had a cap and charged for bandwidth after this was reached. No she said, havent heard of that. Its €40 euro anyway will i call back in March? Yes please do.

A question about getting DSL. If i do get DSL will i need another phone line and have to pay rental on that too? A question for anyone from UTV, Eircom have now announced (basically) their broadband service and given a price and rough time. Im iterested in staying with UTV so are you planning on making any statement of intention with regards to broadband any time soon? If i hear nothing, soon after Eircoms DSL comes out i may have to switch and would very much feel stung if you announced your cheaper offer a week after switching :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

I wouldn't believe everything they say, they'd try sell sand to the Arabs. It'll probably be €40 + VAT.

You won't need another line, it runs over your current one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,427 ✭✭✭Dotsie~tmp

I dunno she obviously knew i was a residential customer. I think it may be VAT incl.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Originally posted by Dotsie~tmp
    A question about getting DSL. If i do get DSL will i need another phone line and have to pay rental on that too? ............. If i hear nothing soon after Eircoms DSL come out i may have to switch and would feel stung if you announced your cheaper offer a week after switching :)

No, you won't need another phoneline, DSL and PSTN work over the same line, at the same time. There's no guarantee that your line will be eligible for DSL either. Chances are, this €40 yoke will be capped, but without confirmation, she's well allowed to say "I haven't heard of that". You may also be locked into a year-long contract, which == bad!

IMO, wait until some other telco's offer this lower price DSL. Then weigh up your options and take the best one. You've waited this long for DSL, you can wait a bit longer :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

so let me get this straight ... if I leave Eircom I get cheaper phone calls, cheaper internet access and Jenifer Anistons' twin sister calls over to my house and keeps inviting herself back ... where do i sign!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,718 ✭✭✭SkepticOne

If she doesn't know any thing about the existing service and doesn't know what a cap is let alone whether or not it applies to the current DSL offerings, why should we be listening to her about this "40 euro" DSL, and thinks Eircom offers value for money for dial up services...

then

chances are she is thinking about the proposed 54 euro (45 euros ex VAT) DSL service and is getting a little confused.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

. Anyways she said are you interested in broadband? Yes i said. We launching it now in March for €40 a month are you interested she asked. Yea i said again but not with a cap.

Is it just me or did your legs go funny when she said €40 and also did you nearly jump up and down and scream "YES!" at her?

Its strange that eircom have reps running around the place trying to discover why they lost customers, as if thats hard. They seem as though they expected your cost too much answer and id bet the two reps were waiting in antisipation to give you the 'good' news of ADSL for €40. they were probably nearly laughing trying not to spill the suprise. Wish they called around to my house :(

Anywhy, is there a chance that they might not have a CAP? :eek: No. This is eircom that we are talking about, they have a cap. I suspect is nothing as generous as NTLs 1GB per day though. Bless the Brits, they complained about nothing really. 1GB per day is enough for anyone really unless you plan to abuse the service.

Id say in reaility eircom just didnt inform their reps right, you notive that a lot.

Whether there is a cap or not i cant say...she may just not have known. My hope is she will come back and say just to get you back we are willing to drop the cap just for you! Who knows. I do believe its going to be €40 incl VAT.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

Whether there is a cap or not i cant say...

The person in charge of Winback is Charlotte Moran in Eircom

Charlotte told "Jennifer" what to say. If you need clarification then I suspect that her email address is cmoran@eircom.ie

Charlotte knows all the answers. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Originally posted by Muck
    The person in charge of Winback is Charlotte Moran in Eircom

Charlotte told "Jennifer" what to say. If you need clarification then I suspect that her email address is cmoran@eircom.ie

Charlotte knows all the answers. :D

Sometimes you scare me, you really do.

/me checks his phones and light fittings for taps

Charlotte has a sidekick, John Kirwan. Dear John letters to jkirwan@eircom.ie . He knows all about the €40 a month DSL too (thats €33.06 ex Vat of course)

Lovely fella John. Brilliant winback guy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 255 ✭✭zz03

Anyways she said are you interested in broadband? Yes i said. We launching it now in March for €40 a month are you interested she asked.

Next time you meet this air head from air com, fire up your narrowband connection and surf over to air com dot ie and show her the animated gif on their home page speaking of €45 per month for their new DSL offer. Click on the gif and the press release clearly states that this excludes VAT.

Illegal I know. But if your are air com you can get away with anything.

zz..

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Muck, forget the other two, do you have Jennifers E-mail? :)

Dotsie, those guys have no idea what DSL even stands for. They are literally told what to say.

There will be a cap and if everything goes unchanged in the next few months the price will be €54 euros to you and me. Ignore the marketing fluff.

Make sure you get her to call round again tho. With a bottle of chablis would be nice.

Originally posted by Dustaz
    Muck, forget the other two, do you have Jennifers E-mail? :)

I think the real Jennifer is an ugly pencil but if you insist on being molested then PM me your address and your anticipated 'movements' (ehem!) over the next few days. I'll tell her to unflatten her chest for ya.

M

• Registered Users Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭parasite

all i got was two 'gomey' chancers from esatbt
    :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

Originally posted by seamus
    You may also be locked into a year-long contract, which == bad!

Do any of ESat/Via/Eircom allow a shorter contract? Certainly the terms and conditions I have from all 3 clearly indicated its a 12-month contract. Is there anything in writing to indicate otherwise.

.cg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭ozt9vdujny3srf

Dotsie blows €ircon's horn in taboid title shocker!!!

• Moderators Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭LFCFan

some bloke came to the door the other day asking if I was an Eircom customer. He looked official. I told him I was 'unfortunatly' paying Line Rental to €ircon but my phone calls were thankfully through UTV. He looked disgusted and just left. I nearly wet myself.

Lol im no Eircom fan pal! For the last three years (when i wasnt on UTV or kicked off NoLimits) i estimate they have had about €3500 off me for internet charges.

Lol im no Eircom fan pal! For the last three years (when i wasnt on UTV or kicked off NoLimits) i estimate they have had about €3500 off me for internet charges.
    heh i no m8, just takin teh p*ss out of ur title :P

i think the price of that deals still stands at €55 inc. vat though

and the chances of no cap = O

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭b20uvkft6m5xwg

Maybe she was talking about Eircoms Version of Broadband*

*They're Peddling Hi-Speed Again...
    for 40 Euros excl. call costs
    You know the one where you can "download large files in seconds" :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Originally posted by 80project
    Maybe she was talking about Eircoms Version of Broadband*

*They're Peddling Hi-Speed Again...
    for 40 Euros excl. call costs
    You know the one where you can "download large files in seconds" :rolleyes:

nono seriously
    i downloaded ns (90 megs) in a few thousand seconds

so the ad is true

• Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭OHP

We launching it now in March for €40 a month are you interested she asked. Yea i said again but not with a cap. A what? she said. I explained to her Eircoms last DSL offer had a cap and charged for bandwidth after this was reached. No she said, havent heard of that. Its €40 euro anyway will i call back in March? Yes please do.
    Most if not all Eircon people that call to your door are people that are employed by Eircon to do just that. And they are soo misinformed as to why they do it and what they are trying to sell they look like total idiots!. It’s just a job to them for some really hard-earned cash. Go easy on them ok :)

OHP

P.S. I must be getting 'SOFT'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭b20uvkft6m5xwg

Originally posted by TruckledUncivil
    nono seriously
    i downloaded ns (90 megs) in a few thousand seconds

so the ad is true

on isdn?

aye isdn

around 12000 seconds

Advertisement