Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DIY Arcade Cabinet....

Options
  • 18-02-2003 5:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭

Me, and a colleague, will soon be building our MAME Arcade cabinets, I was just wondering if anyone else has dabbled in this art of recreating the Arcade feel at home?

If so please post, I'm also looking for good blueprints, old cabs, and monitors too...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,141 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Do a search on the forum here as there have been many links and topics etc on it before I have some good links at home but as im at work atm I shall post them up for you later.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Altheus

aye, i was reading through them there, sorry i missed those remininsces.... do any of you have pics of any of your cabs....anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

I built a cab before I left Sweden - I can put up the website with pics if you're interested...

Anyhow - here's where you need to look for all the info you need on this :

http://www.arcadecontrols.com

If you don't want to build the control panel youself (this is the trikiest part) you could go with a HotRod, an X-Arcade or even for Arcade-In-A-Box

Let me know if you want further info !!

M.

Actually - I just upped my old website:

here it is :

http://www.mameromlinks.com/ArcadeCab/

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Altheus

Cheers for the site. I looked into X-Arcade and hanaho HotRods but I think I want to make it myself :D I'm also gonna put a plunger and two flipper buttons for pinmame which should be cool. Reading your site now

• Advertisement

The HotRod has side buttons on it ASAIK for pinMAME games...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 2,967 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoGiE

Thats a pretty good site deadl0ck:)

Thanks !!

It was a great Cab, but I couldn't bring it with me when I moved back from Sweden, so I had to bust it up and throw it out...

However, I kept the Control Panel (the most complex part) and brought that with me - I may buy a house this yaer and if I do, I'll be rebuild the cab (bigger and better of course) - then I'll ship over my Pibnball Machines from Sweden also !!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,141 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Then we can come over and turn your place into our " club house" :)

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭TenLeftFingers

Yeah, damn right! We're gonna find your house deadl0ck. Even if it takes YEARS.

• Advertisement
Advertisement