Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reaction from ISPs to Eircoms new rate

Options
  • 15-02-2003 9:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭

Other than EsatBTs initial it'll-never-work has there been any other response from ISPs to the eircom wholesale DSL rate?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

What new rate? And where's my popcorn?

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭nahdoic

I'd presume he's talking about the wholesale rate for the new residential RADSL service eircom are trying to launch. Is there a definitive figure for that wholesale rate yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭MarVeL

I am indeed. Seem to remember a post or announcement (after the announcement of the retail oddly enough) stating that a rate of approx €28 (can't remember if this was the exact figure) per month. Although it is possible I just imagined reading that (the little purple pills don't have quite the ooomph they once had)

Nope here it is
    Sunday Business Post : wholesale price ADSL price to be 28 euros

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Errah, that's a very one-sided story, with the only response from Esat BT being a general "they said this". If Eircom are saying €28, you can bet your sweet bippy Esat BT is saying €15. And as Eircom helpfully pointed out, BT has just a little more experience with xDSL provision.

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭MarVeL

True enough and I hope they do compete on the wholesale price, although I expect it to be a typically Irish competition if they do (i.e. "we're €2 a year cheaper!!!!!" or some other such rubbish)

What I'm wondering about is if there's any word on other retail offers based off this from UTV or even Esat. If the pricing in the thread above is right I can see there may not be a lot of room for manouvere on the cost but there should be some room for competition on the existence or size of a cap or on the cost of the installation package. Or a free mouse mat even :-)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭OHP

Originally posted by dahamsta
    What new rate? And where's my popcorn?

adam

Full 5 Stone bag of Popcorn available. Just come collect ok
    ermmm BTW bring some drinking money. Enough for 2 or 3
    should do it.

OHP

PS did I mention Gallons? :)

Advertisement