Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mame .65

Options
  • 11-02-2003 11:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭

Weeks after the release of .64 we've got .65 :mad:

heres the changes :

new games

hayaosi1: Hayaoshi Quiz Ouza Ketteisen
    idhimitu: Idol no Himitsu [BET] (Japan 890304)
    joyman: Joyman
    kanatuen: Kanatsuen no Onna [BET] (Japan 880905)
    kirarast: Ryuusei Janshi Kirara Star
    korinai: Mahjong-zukino Korinai Menmen (Japan 880425)
    mmatrix: Mars Matrix: Hyper Solid Shooting (US 000412)
    mmatrixj: Mars Matrix: Hyper Solid Shooting (Japan 000412)
    mmcamera: (Medal) Mahjong Camera Kozou [BET] (Japan 890509)
    mouser: Mouser
    mouserc: Mouser (Cosmos)
    msgunda1: Mobile Suit Gundam (set 2)
    orangec: Orange Club - Maruhi Kagai Jugyou (Japan 880213)
    pairsten: Pairs (System Ten) (Japan 890826)
    perestro: Perestroika Girls
    ribbit: Ribbit!
    sf2eb: Street Fighter II - The World Warrior (World 910214)
    taotaida: Tao Taido (set 2)
    taotaido: Tao Taido (set 1)
    tp2m32: Tetris Plus 2 (MegaSystem 32 Version)
    vipclub: Vip Club [BET] (Japan 880310)

removed games

diehard: Die Hard Arcade (US)
    dnmtdeka: Dynamite Deka (Japan)
    sf2eg: Street Fighter II - The World Warrior (World 910522) (renamed to sf2)

changed games

astyanax: The Astyanax
    ccboot: Crazy Climber (bootleg set 1)
    ccboot2: Crazy Climber (bootleg set 2)
    gaiden: Ninja Gaiden (US)
    galpanic: Gals Panic (set 1)
    hachoo: Hachoo!
    mjcamera: Mahjong Camera Kozou (Japan 881109)
    mjfocus: Mahjong Focus (Japan 890313)
    pacheart: Pac-Man (Hearts)
    peepshow: Nozokimeguri Mahjong Peep Show (Japan 890404)
    ryukendn: Ninja Ryukenden (Japan)
    sf2: Street Fighter II - The World Warrior (World 910522)
    sf2ja: Street Fighter II - The World Warrior (Japan 910214)
    sf2ub: Street Fighter II - The World Warrior (US 910214)
    sf2uf: Street Fighter II - The World Warrior (US 910411)
    sf2ui: Street Fighter II - The World Warrior (US 910522)
    shadoww: Shadow Warriors (World set 1)
    shadowwa: Shadow Warriors (World set 2)
    tshingen: Takeda Shingen (Japan, Japanese)

Not worth the download imo.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 2,967 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoGiE

Totally agree...To think that once upon a time they waited long enough to make sure it had plenty of new games added. Mars matrix is a worth while addition for CPS2 junkies;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

This was more of a bug-fix release, that's why it was so quick after .64

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Altheus

we dont need any more mahjong pr0n!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 2,967 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoGiE

Originally posted by Altheus
    we dont need any more mahjong pr0n!
    :D:D:D:D

deadl0ck every release of MAME is a bug fix;)A djste18 says Its not worth downloading

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭bugs

Being that i havent downloaded mame for an age, i just downloaded .65 to sort out what was new. Gotta say, I HATE the way they keep changing the romsets around. About 30% of the small collection of mame roms i have no longer work, granted i could sit there and experiment with the sets until i get the correct files renamed....but i don't want to.

The old saying "if its not broke, don't fix it" comes to mind, whereas mame have "if its not broke, rename the entire romset so all the files have no relation to what they once were and make it run slower each time we do this (smashtv)"

Altho they did add shadow dancer which means i can finally stop playing it without sound on system 16, pity the megadrive version is totally different and so much better :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

You musta been usin romsets pre .37 where you ?

Nah, well the last binary i can find that i had downloaded was .52.
    But i suppose i may have just downloaded it to try something as MAME has never been way up there on my priorities seeing as i'm running a 500.
    Taking a look thru the whatsnew's shows that they do this "change sh1t" quite regularily.
    I'd be alot more interested in MAME in general if i had a machine that could handle the newer games, as i know many ppl would!
    As it is, it floats in and out of my computer round about once a year, when i feel the need to play a little rastan.....actually, warrior blade ( rastan saga 3 ) , anyone out there with this know if its heavy on the old cpu, as i can't be bothered downloading if it is :)

The reason they change the romsets is that they've got better dumps of the ROMs. The MAME Developers are all about accurate emulation (Thats why KI runs so slow)

What are the Spec's of your machine ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,141 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Off the top of my head download CLRMAMEPRO afaik it can rebuild your romsets to run with the current build etc.. Or maybe that was a dream.. no wait..

Meh, i know diddly about MAME, i'll get to understand it when i can afford a machine that can run most of the stuff i want to play.
    As for the dumps.... thats not the reason, some games are redumped to fix issues or if the original dump is incorrect. But alot of the sets are renamed to suit the mame developers. In alot of cases they take roms that were emulated on other emulators first and leave the set as it is, a year or 2 passes and they change it to suit mame, or to suit the actual chipsets that were originally on the board. If you wanna call that being exact, fair enough. Does get hella annoying tho :)

• Advertisement

I asked Paul Priest (Tourniquet), a mame developer had to say about the redumps:

> As for the dumps.... thats not the reason, some games are redumped to fix issues
    > or if the original dump is incorrect. But alot of the sets are renamed to suit
    > the mame developers. In alot of cases they take roms that were emulated on other
    > emulators first and leave the set as it is, a year or 2 passes and they change
    > it to suit mame, or to suit the actual chipsets that were originally on the
    > board.
    Yes, if all we/they had to go on is a previous dump as used in another emu then you have to trust the rom names from that dump. If we subsequetly have access to a board or another dump that includes better info on the rom names and/or positions then they get updated.
    The only other thing is when more roms get added (proms, dumps of protected devices etc.) or when the parent set gets changed.

"But alot of the sets are renamed to suit the mame developers"

Well, yes if it increases the information content of MAME. That's it's whole point afterall.
    People don't rename roms or change them for the hell of it. There's usually associated discussion and reasons given when changes are submitted, but without access to the development list he wouldn't be privy to that.
    Besides, what is his problem? Has he never heard of clrmame/romcenter?
    > If you wanna call that being exact, fair enough
    Not exact, exact is ideal and this isn't an ideal world.
    If it was we would have all dumps of all revisions of all games with correct names and locations :)

So...now we know !!!

Originally posted by deadl0ck
    I asked Paul Priest (Tourniquet), a mame developer had to say about the redumps:
    "but without access to the development list he wouldn't be privy to that.
    Besides, what is his problem? Has he never heard of clrmame/romcenter?
    So...now we know !!!

Used to talk know a bloke who had quite a bit to do with mame in trinity, plus used to talk to haze a bit.
    As for clrmame....i think we've already seen that i know bugger all about it. Besides that i was 'almost' spot on :)

Yeah, Haze is pretty cool, but I had a bad run in with R. Belmont about a while ago and I stopped going to the mame.net messageboards - that place is full of idiots !!

Advertisement