Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OFFLINE TOO SHORT?

Options
  • 13-08-2001 1:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭

Ok i just got back from kosovo (after being stuck in macedonia for the weekend due to rebels and flight cancelling etc etc)

While out there i picked up 8 games at real cheap prices (£4) now i was expecting not to have to buy another game for a very long time But in the last 5 hours i already completed one and is near the end of another??

now i ask you are games nowadays getting too short offline and relaying too much on multiplayer.

The game i completed in 4 hours was star trek voyeger elite force. And i feel irrateted for buying it, it didnt last as long as i hoped and left me unsatisified.

Now it aint just voyager its most games i get today i complete them too quickly and i am not bragging on my skillz. The last good long hard game i played was hidden and dangerous. This topic excludes rpgs because they are made too be long. I mean red alert 2 was a joke. So was soldier of fortune. And the offline modes of UT and Q3 do not hld your attention. Even console games like Shenmue and Code veronica feel short. Is it usst me or are games losing their challange?

Comments?
    questions?
    donuts?

People of the Boards

I have a cunning plan

and before u ask how cunning

just trust me its cunning

oooo thats cunning

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Belisarius

Christ ,what are you complaining about ? 4£?

True though FPS's are generally short theese days ,but I dont have to suggest to you that you Buy Deus Ex , do i? , As for more traditional fps single plays ...I know this is a REALLY old one ,but Unreal *as opposed to UT* will keep you busy for a while. H&D wasnt awfully long , Most missions can be done in trial and error within a few hrs , *Except for some of the rediculously hard levels in Fight For freedom , like Greece* Rogue Spear Delta Force 2/LW Project IGI all long FPS's

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

Have Deus Ex -wasnt too short but did get a shock when i was at end when i thought there was more biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Have Unreal -its not short but damn is it hard.

Have Project IGI -thought it was short

Have Delta Force 2 -found t boring in the wake of HD and CS

Rogue spear one of the 8 i picked up biggrin.gif

sorry to pick at it. Just expressing myself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Belisarius

hey I dont take it personally , its just testement to the rather crapp0rz array of FPS's out there , Though I missed one "Noone Lives Forever" Which Is excellent , But Honestly ,you want a good single player experience , Play An RPG Blitz .. I mean Planetscape Torment for a TENNOR

The Man From Delmonte , He Say "Yes"

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

Yeah well i played most of ff8 nd i am playing legend of mir (well trying) I like rpgs but i guess mos of the planescape and baldaur gates fly over my head biggrin.gif

Advertisement