Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Age of Mythology

Options
  • 10-02-2003 3:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭

So what ye think of it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭Washout

I stil think the first Age of empires game was far the best....I love the graphics in this game...they are just superb....but i got bored with the playability after a week or so...must try some LAN/INternet deathmatches at some point

• Registered Users Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭PPC

Yeah thought it was a nice change from AOE.
    The graphics are nice, but lacking in game play.
    Could be better tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Not a touch on AoE2: conquerers. They tried to takethe largest feature of AoE2.......... scale. AoM is smal scale skirmish's and you use up your troop limit in no time, AoE2 had legions of 150 or so troops marching in, had much more atmosphere than AoM, a bitter disappointment, and mythical units are way too powerful, nothing can tcikle them except the norse, who can have a squad of hero's for them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 610 ✭✭✭article6

I think it's fairly good, but then again, I've only been able to play it on a few weekends.

Lovely graphics, but it's hard on my 128MB RAM (e.g. minute-long saves, unloading times). It's also the first game I've bought with two CDs.

Of course the myth units are too powerful, that's for mythological realism. It damages gameplay though.

Speaking of myth units, I have to agree that your population limit is used up way too quickly. The Egyptians do get their ten houses free though :)

I haven't played it on multiplayer yet, and I probably won't - I don't want to offend anyone's blazingly fast modems with my tera-ping.

Overall, a very good game, but Conquerors is still my favourite. G'wan Byzantium!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

I played a online AoM game and was happily beating (or so I thought) this fella when next thing in walk 10 gold collosus's ... fcuk me did they beat the shet out of me in no time .. had all me heros dead in a few seconds :o just proves that I am shockingly bad at strategy games

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭magick

just going though the mission/level editor of age of mythology and it works fine but im wondering what AI script im supposed to use on sea based missions? On lad based missions i use aomdefaultai.xs which works fine on land but on sea based missions they never deploy Naval/Transport ships, they just buch up armies and go to the shore and do nothing, anyone have any info on what AI script im supposed to use? thanks for your help.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Originally posted by article6
    Overall, a very good game, but Conquerors is still my favourite. G'wan Byzantium!
    The Tuetons are superior in every way to them silly byzantines, as do the spanish (mounted hand cannoneer's and villagers who can nearly kill champions, like ffs!!). Tuetons rocked because their tuetonic knights are....... walking walls with a big sword, impossable to hurt without siege!! (alas onegars make a nice big splatty mess of them, thats what the cavalry backup is for ;)).

As for the collossus thing, thats what the game always ends as, a dozen of huge myth units storming you base while you send in hundreds of troop, and all you achieve is a spinky death count, them collossus realy are a p*ss take, 1100health? their as tough as a small wall and can heal themselves by eating your gold mine! (the buggers)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,678 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

Playing it at present on a per mission basis. Enjoyable fare. Still trying to get the optimum balance of heros/men/myth units.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭de5p0i1er

The new glory system is kinda cool and the myth units are pretty good but the god powers are a bit unbalanced, the problem with the unit limit can be solved if you are the norse and you build on every town centre you destroy while your cavelry and myth units take on the remains of the enemy army.

Advertisement