Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PJ64 Problems

Options
  • 08-02-2003 5:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭

Currently having a few problems playing sum games
    looked for plugins but to no avail.
    main game not workin at all and one im desperate to play again is Cruisin'USA (dont laugh logie) but i loved this when i was younger.

and Vrally 99 the skys aren't lookin right.

Assistance please.

AMD Athlon 1ghz
    NVIDA graphics card
    128MB Ram
    Windows XP

thought that might be usefull.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 867 ✭✭✭l3rian

i found that project64 has some issues with xp

xp has a lot of extra display stuff that can be turned off to free up ram, to turn it off go to control panel, system, advanced, performance settings, and in visual settings select "adjust for best performance"

this should help a little

this forum is great for all things pj64

http://www.emutalk.net/forumdisplay.php?forumid=6

best game pj64 has to be perfect dark with mouse input :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,990 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I've had problems with project 64 as well. Anything that is 2D breaks up into tiles. This might be whats wrong with the sky. It's nothing to do with the emulator it's a problem with nvidia cards. nvidia cards display tiles completely differently to that of every other card so the tiles appear out of place. You can try correcting the tile alignment in the advanced video card options but this hasn't worked for me. The only two options are to put up with it or to get an ancient 3dfx card.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

pj64 was actually developed by guys with nvidia cards. so their plugins are optimised for them. they are notoriously bad on 3dfx cards and to a lesser extent ati ones. the earliest versions of jabos plugins were not able to display textures on any voodoo card.
    its not really an emulator issue its the plugins themselves. and jabo is not looking like there will be any updates soon as n64
    emulation is practically dead at the moment, bar ultrahle 2064.

there is a glide based plugin though if you have an old voodoo which is pretty good. dunno the link but its called glide64.

Advertisement