Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where can I find Pong ?

Options
  • 20-07-2001 3:08pm
    Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭

Where can I find a version of Pong on the web ?
    Surely there must be a freeware version avilable somewhere online.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 607 ✭✭✭Kenjd

Hi
    if you go to www.classicgaming.com you can download an Atari2600 emulator. It works pretty good and its only about 400kb's. Then download some games. They are only 5kbs each!
    Dont know if they have Pong but im sure they do. Its good fun and all the Atari games are there with all the original sounds etc. Good for a laugh. I have an old Binatone system at home with Pong on it, it also has tennis...Pong with 4 bats and various other "games"...must dig it out and see if it still works!! smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Yeah, I bring my 2600 emulator out every so often and play Pacman. It's gas hearing those ancient sounds being replayed on my kick ass sound system.

Lunacy Abounds! GLminesweeper RO><ORS!
    "Boxes for show, Baskets for a pro" - [FCA]SyxPak

• Registered Users Posts: 10,576 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

You can find (a) pong under your armpits!

Get it?

no?

k, never mind

Even though I was their captive, the Indians allowed me quite a bit of freedom. I could walk freely, make my own meals, and even hurl large rocks at their heads. It was only later that I discovered that they were not Indians at all but only dirty-clothes hampers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭Jabba_the_SLUT

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Samson

I checked out clssicgaming.com and very good it is too, (I downloaded a couple of emulators and have spent hours recreating my youth playing Pacman, Defender and Space Invaders on my "virtual" Atari 2600).
    However I have not been able to find Pong anywhere on this site :-(
    The closest I could find was "PingPong" for the Amstrad CPC but this don't (I know it's the game 'cos I got other games working on this emulator).
    Did Pong go by any other names that I could search for ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Hilarious. Really.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Samson

Any more suggestions ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Jockey Spollix

This might be a little bit vague and obvious, but I have downloaded lots of new freeware conversions of games from the web, including pong and arkonoid, it is just a matter of searching "freeware games" and then checking what they have on offer (lots of space invaders) I will get back to you if I find the exact site.

Life is just a one way ticket, every one must go around, here's a bucket go and kick it, slit your wrists without a sound.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 607 ✭✭✭Kenjd

Just did a search for "Pong Emulator" on www.google.com and it gave me a whole load of results going to have a look now at it!

Advertisement