Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

starcraft

Options
  • 25-06-2001 11:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭

does anyone play this online? i used to have it but my copy has disappeared somehow ???

im planning to get another copy cause ive seen it in Virgin for £12.99, its a classic game and worth playing, especially online.

relpy back if you do play it so we can do something and setup online games.

adnans

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

i play. and my brothers play alot too.

-Ciaran
    smak2thefuture.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Crom

I also play Starcraft online.

Although i am no good.

Nuclear launch detected....Where!

Crom

"If a man can be considered guilty for what goes on in his mind, then give me the electric chair for all my future crimes"

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭pertinax

am i the only one who thinks starcraft was completely forgetable

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Da Bounca

i play starcraft a lot atm.

other playres i know of:
    telgere
    shaden
    mindphuck
    koopa
    fearless_turnip
    funkychicken

• Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Da_cOmRaDe_MiKe

yea this game rocks.. im in da middle of a game now... n e ways this is well worth it and as well brood wars... dat kicks ass (expansion)...

- Da_cOmRaDe_MiKe
    <font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2"> Man causes all problems. No man, no problems. - Stalin </font>

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭adnans

then im heading off to Virgin and getting it, i was gonna do this anyway before you punks started saying "yeah its great and all" smile.gif

wont be playing untill I get back from holidays and magically see that i have a phone line in my home.

adnans

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭MrTimewalk

BIG FAN of SC, still the best RTS

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭damnyanks

Warcraft was the best Starcraft is just like a balanced version. I always prefered War2

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,339 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoLth

I liked SC, was never very good though.

one question:
    Was there ever a way to get the puter to not gang up on you in multiplayer games?

Also, i've forgotten where the difficulty setting for computer opponents is...or if there even is one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Fidelis

I saw StarCraft in EB on Dawsons Street for a tenner today if anyone cares and as a side note; do not play against Telgere, he's too damn l33t smile.gif

• Advertisement
  • Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭RopeDrink

Used to play Star Craft Online Continuously, yet it was harshly laggy for me considering that most games are hosted by people over sea's, on slow connections...

I have recenty uninstalled Star Craft from my Hard Drive to preserve some much needed memory and space...

Good Bye Online Star Craft (For me anyway).

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭TheWolf

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by LoLth:
    one question:
    Was there ever a way to get the puter to not gang up on you in multiplayer games?
    </font>

Try flicking it to free for all. The computers attack the first person they run into. Still a kick in the balls if you happen to be in the middle, then dont bother changing it... frown.gif

"Only two things are infinite,
    the universe and stupidity, and
    I'm not sure about the former."

Albert Einstein

"Never argue with idiots. They just drag you down to their level, where they have all the experience"

TheWolf

• Registered Users Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭OSiriS

I play the odd game if I see one on

http://clans.quake.ie/osiris
    Fragnet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭FunkyChicken

ah Starcraft a true classic !"

• Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭Mixie

I haven't played in ages, but if you're setting up a game I'll have a go

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭ThrAx

dont hate me, but i thought star craft was crap, probably because the first rts ive ever played was age of empires and command and conquer which i really like. I have played star craft but i found it kind boring or sumthin, maybe i shoulda started with star craft. if only i had known... smile.gif

Thats ridicilous, nobody beats subzero

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭DemonBaby

I played my first game online against Mindphuck ...turned out to be my last.
    Hard to get a fun game if your crap at it. smile.gif
    Anyone want to arrange a few games for crap people to play in?.
    DemonBaby/Nemesis

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭MindPhuck

LOL Nemmy.

Man, I never knew it was your first game!! jaysus. I woulda took it easy on yah!

There is loads of people who play starcraft. I mean a **** load, but SC would be their 'secondary' or 'thirdary' game so alot of people arnt aware of it.

Id be up for setting up an SC Page.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭adnans

ill be in DNC for over the next few weeks to practice CS for the CPL, if anyone there sees my white ass shouting at the monitor please ask me for a game of starcraft.

adnans

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭Chaos

2v2 league would be nice dunno if many people play it though?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Da Bounca

one was stareted a while back, but it died after only a few matches. maybe it should be tried again, there are some deadly players around.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Aye, must get taht one
    i've been surviving with the demo against my brother on my LAN

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭orangerooster

gotta love sc dont got the game yet but play it quite a bit (demo) i never seem to be able to track it down but its undiniably the be all and end all of rts and the small touchs like the faces in the windows and then the voices which always help an rts are great but when i do get the full version and the expansion sets ill take on any1 on the net

dont open ... that door- resident evil 1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Belisarius

Starcraft never gripped me , not as much as warcraft 2 did *Dwarven Demo Teams own all smile.gif* but I was always more of an RA man ,preying on newbies who played allies for the cruisers and selecting non water maps tongue.gif , for 12.99 it aint bad especially with brood war , also you can get Warcraft2 battlenet edition y?/n? , but both games havent got a patch on Homeworld , also available for 12.99 in virgin under the same sierra classics line , get this before Statcraft two any day , and if your in cork pick up a copy of starlancer in Virgin for 12.99 , a real steal smile.gif

The Man From Delmonte , He Say "Yes"

Advertisement