Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GameBoy Advance

Options
  • 26-07-2001 11:52am

So i decided to go out and get myself a GBA.So i got one with Fire Pro Wrestling and Tony Hawk 2 .The wrestling was rubbish but tony hawk is not that bad atall.I was shocked to see the frame rate .It still has the age old gameboy problem of light.Just trying to find the right light .I do remember back when i had a game gear you could play in the dark and watch TV on .Thing about the GBA i say the games will get very good in the future .

Comments

look at the type of screen it uses.I dont know anything about screens but i know there is a vast difference between the GBA and a normal TV screen.If there is going to be a TV for it it wont be for years .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭GreenHell

m8 of mine got one a few days ago, have to say when I saw I thought what a waste of money, but he was playing pokemon games so I dunno didn't really excite me to much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭Jabba_the_SLUT

bard if u mean playing it on a tv then u will b able 2 when the gamecube comes out. u can just hook it up and play away

• Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭Jabba_the_SLUT

Topic: GameBoy Advance

0wnz j00r b0x0rz

nuff sed

• Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Dre as in Dray:
    look at the type of screen it uses.I dont know anything about screens but i know there is a vast difference between the GBA and a normal TV screen.If there is going to be a TV for it it wont be for years .</font>

Er, you've never watched a widescreen movie on a 4:3 TV then?

Borders, my good man.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

The Game Gear had a plug-in TV thingy that I hear worked fine...I don't think the picture quality was that good (due to loss of data cause of the resolution change) but there is nothing that says it can't bee done with the GBA...I don't know if may people would by it...I wouldn't

• Registered Users Posts: 10,574 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

I'm almost positive I read about a TV Tuner for the GBA a few weeks ago - i'll dig up an url for it if i can find one

Even though I was their captive, the Indians allowed me quite a bit of freedom. I could walk freely, make my own meals, and even hurl large rocks at their heads. It was only later that I discovered that they were not Indians at all but only dirty-clothes hampers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Kairo

Check out this page... http://www.lik-sang.com/catalog/default.php

If there were anything like that, they'd probably have it...

Gota a question..would a GBA backup system be able to copy GBC and GB games onto the flash cards?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Another feature of it - maybe it's due to not having a backlit screen - dunno... it has a REALLLLLLYYY long battery life. The Game Gear had a cr*p battery life in comparison.

After having mine a while (since it was released), the lack of a backlit display has become less and less of an issue until now, and I'd say now that it's not really a big deal.

I'd imagine it should be possible for Nintendo to make a TV addon for the GBA... I'd definitely buy one if they did!

The games are great (I got Mario Advance and Konami Krazy Racers), if a little on the expensive side...

Bard
    Some mornings, it's just not worth chewing through the leather straps.

[This message has been edited by Bard (edited 26-07-2001).]

I dont think the will be able to make a TV for that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Dre as in Dray:
    I dont think the will be able to make a TV for that.</font>

Why?

Advertisement