Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shogo: MAD

Options
  • 18-07-2001 1:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭

Got it myself recently too for £10 and I was a bit disappointed tbh, I had the same rose-tinted memories of the demo as yourself though smile.gif

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭Jimi-Spandex

For those who haven't heard of it, it was an anime inspired pre-halflife fps with both giant robot levels and then normal levels with realistic damage(innovative for the time) It was released in 98 if my memory serves me correctly.

I saw this on budget (7.99) a few months ago. I remember reading about it years ago in pcg, sounded good, played the demo, loved it but for some reason never bought it, probably lack of cash. Back to the present, or at least the recent past I buy it for 7.99 and go home hoping and praying that it will live up to my somewhat rose-tinted memories of the demo. I load it up and am greeted by the j-pop theme tune which in fairness seems a tad out of place relative to the sheer destruction and violence although a distinctly anime style sense of humour is present in certain parts. The game was forking brilliant apart from certain problems, well one major one namely, sh!+e AI, the kind that allows you to see the side of an enemies head take from around the corner, take another peek, and then conveniently put a bullet through its head before they bother to react. Fortunately or unfortunately depending on your view of it the developers "counteract" this problem by giving the enemies the dreaded 6th sense, you know, where they know your position all the time, this leaves it unbalanced as at times the enemies are deadly, other its peon like. Anyway to sum up imo Shogo MAD as a single player game would easily have dented the impact Half-Life had, perhaps even became its equal Ahhhh, been meaning to get that off my chest for ages. Best 7.99 i ever spent. I'd like to hear the forums opinion on this game

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

Loved it to bits.

Looking forward to the sequel that they won't admit openly they're working on. But they are. smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Funny I should see this thread today, as I was just playing it today on my old piecs-of-**** pc and my new one against my brother. Calss game, runs smoothly at low detail and loks fúcking class in high-res, silky-style.
    The grappling hook in multiplayer is just class. the game is soo much faster then HL because of it, though having to press 6 twice for the sniper scope annoyed the ****e out of me.
    I saw it for £12 in Game in Cork last week and was about to buy it but there was a long queue and i had to catcha train.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

hmmm nice. May well pick this bad boy up.

Lunacy Abounds! GLminesweeper RO><ORS!
    "Boxes for show, Baskets for a pro" - [FCA]SyxPak

Advertisement