Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Gameboy or Gameboy COLOR game?

Options
  • 19-07-2001 10:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭

Forget the Gameboy Advance for a minute - what would you recommend above all else on the Gameboy or Gameboy COLOR handheld games machine?

... apart from Tetris.

Bard
    Some mornings, it's just not worth chewing through the leather straps.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

Pokemon Gold.

Yeah yeah, so shoot me. It's fun.

Zelda DX is also well worth a shot, and there are two new Zelda games coming out in October which will lay waste to great tracts of land before them with their intense rulingness (is that a word?)...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

....only if gayage is smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

Zelda DX is fucking class!!

i invented '.com'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭DrunkLeprachaun

I'd have to say that the only game that has held my interest consistantly is worms on the monoGB. It's not as good as it is on the other formats, but it's portable and multiplayer.

If there's one thing I hate, it's people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Kairo

Ever here of a little game called Tetris? tongue.gif

For Rpgs, I'd agree with Shinji..but if thats not your type of game, go for Metal Gear Solid. Classic on big and small screen! biggrin.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Kyro:
    Ever here of a little game called Tetris? tongue.gif
    </font>

yep... I've been playing the GBC game "Tetris DX" like a loon for the past few days wink.gif

(before I go on... GBA: Gameboy Advance, GBC: Gameboy COLOR, GBP: Gameboy Pocket - the original Gameboy)

Bought myself a cheap GBA console, y'see... the games I have are- Super Mario Advance (GBA), Konami Krazy Racers (GBA), Tetris DX (GBC) and Star Wars: Episode 1: Obi-Wan's Adventures (GBC). The Obi-Wan game, the worst of the lot, only cost £5 second hand and Tetris DX, which is an addictive little b*stard of a game (although not as good as the classic version with the Russian music) was less than £20. ...sure makes a difference from the usual £45 for a GBA title. No reason not to get a few GBP and GBC games to play seeing as the GBA will take them...

... still... causing GBH to me thumbs wink.gif

Bard

[This message has been edited by Bard (edited 20-07-2001).]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭DadaKopf

Naw, you cant just say "...except Tetris" - Tetris reigns supreme. Period.

But Double Dragon [old skool GB] was fantastic!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,574 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

I picked up Mario DX for the GBC when I bought my GBA and played it more than Tony Hawks and F-Zero put together. It was less than £20 too.

Even though I was their captive, the Indians allowed me quite a bit of freedom. I could walk freely, make my own meals, and even hurl large rocks at their heads. It was only later that I discovered that they were not Indians at all but only dirty-clothes hampers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭Baz_

Where did you get the second hand games from, I got a GBA myself quite recently, bought rayman for it and borrowed tetris, and duck tales (****e). So now I want some new games (or old ones to be more precise), but I couldn't see any second hand games in that shop near liffey street (you know what I mean) so I'm wondering where I can get some second hand (read cheap) games now.

Baz_ : There's a little games shop on Tara Street - near the Connolly station end (practically under the railway bridge if I recall correctly) - it's got Megadrive and other old console games with a load of 'em stacked high in the window. It's also a bookstore. They didn't have a hell of a lot of Gameboy games at the time when I was there (hence I got the - fairly crap - Obi-Wan's Adventures) but they were dirt cheap.

Bard

• Advertisement

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by DadaKopf:
    Naw, you cant just say "...except Tetris" - Tetris reigns supreme. Period.
    </font>

That's why I said "...except Tetris" - because Tetris was the ONE obvious choice that I didn't -need- to be told wink.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭DrunkLeprachaun

But would Tetris be popular if it wasn't sold with the original gb?

If there's one thing I hate, it's people.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

omg no ones mentioned metroid 2!!!
    'tis pure class

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

I'm sorry bard but u can stop tetris it does simply rule and no other gameboy game compares.

Its like snake on the mobile phones go on any train to dublin and u will hear tha beep beep of snake. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHh

People of the Boards

I have a cunning plan

and before u ask how cunning

just trust me its cunning

oooo thats cunning

[This message has been edited by BlitzKrieg (edited 22-07-2001).]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭Jabba_the_SLUT

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Baz_:
    ...bought rayman for it some new games...(or old </font>

as a matter of interest im on the hunt 4 deecnt gba games and i was wondering if rayman was worth forking out the dough?

http://www.frc.ri.cmu.edu/~mcm/bob.html <
    LOL!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭Baz_

Well I don't know if I made myself clear or not (that snippet doesn't look clear) but I'll try be clearer here. I bought Rayman purely to see what the GBA could do as I remember it being quite funky and colourful on the PSX, and I must say I wasn't disappointed, I can see no difference at all between the two versions (well that is from what I can remember from the PSX one).

Now with that cleared up (hopefully), whethter it's worthwhile buying or not depends on whether you like platformers, if so you should love Rayman, if not, you probably still will like it. I hate platformers, but I see Rayman as being the very best of a bad genre (my opinion).

In short, you should find it good value, it's very entertaining.

Baz_

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭FunkyChicken

Pokemon 0wns my lower groinal area!!!!!

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by FunkyChicken:
    Pokemon 0wns my lower groinal area!!!!!</font>

Terribly sorry for your troubles tongue.gif

Bard

Advertisement