Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where do you fish?

Options
  • 24-05-2001 5:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Just like to know some good spots. smile.gif

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,683 ✭✭✭jd

What part of the country are you in?
    jd

• Registered Users Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Well if ur ever in Roscommon (god help ya lol) I live ina wee village that has a luverly trout lake (lots of pike still in it, they want peeps to kill em when caught but me puts em back biggrin.gif) Lake O'flynn its called.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,683 ✭✭✭jd

Ok Lads
    To get things started off I'll post some good links when I get home.
    Someone mentioned in the admin thread about oranising a charter. perhaps we could do it..maybe somewhere like Howth first and the we can guage interest after that
    jd

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

sorry for replying to this old thread... its the first time i saw this board.

Cork is where i fish - sea, coarse and game. Last year i moved to the city, and haven't been able to go fishing much as a result. I was fortunate enough to have lived in places that offer some good fishing,

I first got into fishing when i lived in America - a coastal town near Cape Cod. Seriously easy to catch fish there... and the bluefish were lethal, and some good fresh water fishing as well... i remember trying to catch herring running up a river... are these the same salt-water herring that u get in ireland?

So then when I came back to ireland, i lived in Schull, west cork. the only sea fishing i did was for mackerel/pollack, but i lived right next to a reservoir which was stocked with trout.

and then i moved to Cape Clear island - and went fishing every single day in the spring/summer/autumn and caught an insane amount of fish in some very primitive ways. great variety as well.

then moved to rosscarbery, which has good estuary fishing for bass and flounder, and beach fishing, but i didn't do much of it. i sometimes went to the Shepperton lakes for some trout. then moved near skibbereen, right next to a big lake which was full of massive pike and tiny rud. that was a great experience. now i'm in the city

Advertisement