Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TFC Mapping

Options
  • 04-08-2001 12:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Im trying to get the hang of this mapping lark. I've got a great idea for a map and drawn some ideas on paper. All I need to do now is know how to work this fookin worldcraft thing.

I've read all these 'tutorials' before and I get lost.

Could someone please write a breif tutorial (with screnies if you like wink.gif) to make a very simple map with 2 respawn points and one room between them.

I know its a tall order but I'd be very gratefull if you could help smile.gif

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

I'll do that when i have the time.....

I am working alot at the moment, so i dont' know when i'll get a chance

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Look for some tutorials on the web, I got started with the tutorials at www.planethalflife.com/wavelength although they dont cover the TFC entities and all that but youll need to know all the basics like creating rooms, joining them etc first.

Heres a good site for TFC mapping http://info.gamedesign.net/

TFC mapping is one of the harder mods to map for so something like counter-strike or Half-life deathmatch might be better to start mapping for.

I dont play counter-strike often and halflife dm bores me wink.gif.

Thanks for your help guys.

Advertisement