Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway Mappers!

Options
  • 17-07-2001 12:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

just wanted to know if there is any galway mappers around. I wanna see if theres any good mappers in my own area ya see. I'm from Galway myself u see, so if theres any Galway mappers (exept #MEAT#, u live across the road) plz reply.

Cyas

ThrAx

The kids violated my honey

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

Yeh, I'm from Galway smile.gif

i go to lanfest every tuesday and sundayu night 8-12

i might see you there!

btw, i r0x0r smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

i only ever go on fridays and saturdays, im workin in dub at the mo and only come down at the weekends, im not going to to lanfest anymore i think though. Its **** expensive, and they dont have quake world or quake 3 and they dont even have urban terror (0wnz0rz CS). Kharn and doodee are organizing a lan in galway which im going to, there are also planned regular lans which means no more ****ty smelly expensive lanfest, and more cheap lan gaming and l33ching. pity ur not on the list, it'd be k3wl to see how u play in urban terror (similar to cs).

I reckon u should do some maps for urban terror, they'd rock, check out the mod, u can dl it from http://www.quake.ie
    or http://www.urbanterror.net

illcya

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Drake IS doing an urban terror map - check his post in another thread on this board.

err, its urban assault

not q3 but Hl smile.gif

i still think u should do an urban terror map, think about it, play the mod, soak it up then map it

• Advertisement

I'll download the mod only if its below 15MB
    other than that, i'll see if itt is on the PCGamer coverdisks

and yeh, i'll check out the mappin side of it,

although i've never used Q3radiant

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Oops, my mistake. Urban Assault it is.

so what do ya think of urban terror?

kewl eh?

Drake i'll give you Urban Terror seeing as i live beside you smile.gif. Also i'm a mapper to.

-[-=RaVeN=-]

r u (raven) the ikkle tiny kid who's really good at cs in lanfest whos mom comes to collect him a 9:00 pm each night?

• Advertisement

err,

he is really good @ cs, though not tiny, and his mum sdoesnt always pick him up :/

Drake

raven, do u map for quake 3?

i met u at lanfest once i think, u were coming first on dust in cs and i was following u around in second place coz u were really good, then when the round was over i said "hey raven which pc r u at?" and there was little kid sitting there, i couldn't believe my eyes, so how old r u, ur class at cs and obviously a good mapper.

• Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭RopeDrink

I've tried my hand at mapping for CS / TFC / HL / Kingpin / Starcraft (I make stories with that, not just maps, I even have voices for it biggrin.gif ) and a few others...

I live in Galway also... Do I deserve a medal? Ah Gwan...

Anyway, I've held back from mapping nowadays, can't seem to find the time, but I'd like to go back to it...

[VAR]-RopeDrink***** was killed by IOL NoLimits with Headshot from Disconnect

/me hands rope a gold medal.

Thnxs Thraxx. I don't map for Q3 but i might someday. I think i remember that day in lanfest.

do any of u guys know any quake 3 mappers in galway at all?

Raven r u going to the lan?

what lan? The one where you bring your own computer? if thats the 1 then no.

why not its gonna rule, plus u dont really need to bring ur pc, u can share a pc with someone if u want but u still have to pay the £10 for the weekend. you all should come for the laugh.

im a robot in disguise

i'M AlalALA hOypar ABouTT tHe laaanh YYAEAaahhGAAGGAAAAAAAA!!

im a robot in disguise

• Advertisement

i'll be there...

maybe i'll share a new mappin masterpiece with the nation [in galway]

or maybe not..

probly not smile.gif

maybe i will too, or maybe not

probably not

but maybe just maybe

nah i probably wont