Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FLUCKING RESPAWN DOORS

Options
  • 29-06-2001 1:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Oké , i have a CTF style tfc map almost completed . One thing left is the respawn doors , i cant get them to respond to one team only :/ Any suggestions? im looking at you munch smile.gif

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Swifty, tie the door to a func_door entity, view its properties, and scroll down to "owned by?" and "team", and set both to the team you want to open the door. Tbh, I dont know which one of these does it, so just set both and it should work ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

thats exactly how to do it raptor.

Thanks for helping there Rap. I tried this today. I already had the door as a func_door entity, but when I was browsing through the key values I found no "owned by?" or "team" key value. I thought it might be something to do with having a tfc file missing or something, but I have the tf 1.5 fgd file. Can anyone shed some light on this please? I have the map finished for ages but this has been keeping me back.

Also the respawn turrets in both respawns shoot at both teams, i had a gawk in the key values of the turrets for any "team" key values but i had no luck frown.gif

Swifty, have you set up a TFC config. Go to Tools, then options, and follow the guide w/ WC to set up the config, such as telling it to use the TFC fgd file instead of the HL one. Reply if you're not too sure how to do this (the manual isnt all that great).

If thats not it, then I havent a clue )-:

Thanks alot Rap. That worked grand, those key values just magically appeared after I made a seperate TFC config for WC using only the tf15.fgd file biggrin.gif

[edit] Oh yeah, you can get the finished artice at http://www.clan-bse.co.uk/shane/canyonbases.zip.

Its a tad messy cause I was a bit careless connecting the rooms and it is my first attempt at making a map smile.gif

[This message has been edited by Swifty- (edited 03-07-2001).]

• Advertisement
Advertisement