Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Half-Life mapping

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

Even though i never ever ever ever play TFC...i'm gonna say:

nice work man. biggrin.gif

keep it up!

DRakE

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

I'm working on adding underwater tunnel entrances to each base ... got it complete for red base now, I'll add one for the blue base tomorrow smile.gif

Munch0r I'm pretty sure that for the blue base you should just copy/ paste and rotate it. Thats all really apart from a few texture changes [red->blue] biggrin.gif

DRakE

Yeah that's about all it involved. I added breakable grates to the tunnels as well, requiring 5000 points of damage to be dealt to them before they'll break smile.gif

Current version of the map is downloadable from http://www.fortress.ie/reaver/munch/munch_ctf.zip

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Stephen,

Q: How many squares (cubes) does the player take up? and what entity did you use for the player spawn?

Cheers

It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.

HIT IT!

• Advertisement

Use info_player_start for a hldm map, use info_player_teamspawn for tfc team spawn points, make sure you right click the entity after to have created it and go to properties so you can set the team in which it will be spawning for (hehe)

Hope i could have been of some service wink.gif

Vac

info_player_deathmatch for HLDM.

info_player_start -CT spawn [CS]
    info_player_deathmatch - T spawn [CS][

DRAkE

OFFTOPIC!

time for a new avatar methinks

DRAkE

confused.gif

Yeah cheers lads but will ye answer the question about the cubes, i have no idea of size in worldcraft

It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.

HIT IT!

The player is 32 cubes wide and 32 cubes
    length wise and is 72 cubes heigh.Its the same size as the info_player_start.

[-=RaVeN=-]

• Advertisement

I thought the player model was 64 characters high?

Anyway, in TFC, the info_player_teamspawn sets respawn points etc as already explained, but the info_player_start also needs to be present. It sets the spot where the floating camera bit you see at the start of each map is (ie, the view above 2fort when you join a game etc).

Also, i lost the rmf of munch_ctf in a HD crash, so there's no more work being done on it frown.giffrown.giffrown.gif

- Munch

aww munch0r

why not try a new map? use the tfc2 wad...make it in the same style as avanti or casbah...those maps rock.
    [design wise] and i dont play tfc

DRakE

I cant find info_player_teamspawn in the entity menu and when i try to run the map i get either a KERNEL32.DLL or a HW.DLL error frown.gif

getting very annoyed

HIT IT!

Q-ball, have you set up a TFC game config?
    If you havent, look at the WC help file on how to do it, which includes using the TFC fgd file instead of the HL one for TFC entities.

If this is not clear, post where your halflife and team fortress folders are and I'll try and explain to you how to set it up.

Drake - I've started work on a TFC-Deathmatch map, something like XD_DM, which has seen a lot of action in the recent ign tfc deathmatch tourney thingy.

So far i've got a respawn room and a teleporter room with 3 non-functioning teleporters, because their destinations have not yet been built smile.gif

- Munch

[This message has been edited by Stephen (edited 28-06-2001).]

lol

good luck

Advertisement