Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The letter I got back off the ODTR

Options
  • 29-05-2001 8:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hello, this is an e-mail responce I got from the ODTR today

ODTR
    Block DEF
    Abbey Court
    Irish Life Centre
    Lower Abbey Street
    Dublin 01
    ODTR

Dear Mr O'Sullivan:

Subject: IOL 's "No Limits" Internet Service

Thank you for your recent correspondence regarding the withdrawal of
    IOL 's "No Limits" off peak Internet service.

The Director's role is to regulate the telecommunications sector in
    accordance with both domestic and EU legislation.
    On this occasion the termination of your contract, is not a
    legislative issue rather one of contractual law.
    In the terms and conditions, which all customers must consent to in
    order to avail of the "No Limits" service, there is a clause, which
    stipulates that either party can terminate the agreement given thirty days
    notice. Although we can appreciate your frustration, Esat are acting within
    their contractual rights.

We are committed in our aim to provide the Irish consumer with greater choice through increased competition in the telecommunications market. In March of this year the regulator introduced two new access codes for the provision of both Full and Partial Flat rate access to the Internet.
    We should see the introduction of similar flat-rate Internet packages from other operators, which will ensure a better quality service for all
    consumers in the future.

Yours sincerely

Ann Marie McGovern
    Market Operations
    ODTR

All I can say is, if that was the case, why did Esat cut us off?????

This still does not make any sense, Esat have the option to make things cheaper for themselves, yet they do this to us?

Brian

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Sully,
    If my memory serves me. That last paragraph about two new access codes is alittle bit "fresh" with the truth.

Granted they have agreed the codes, BUT... unless the local loop is "unbundled" from Eircom, everyone would have to pay the call charges... agreed access codes or not. Go figure. :/

Well this is a load of crap then, something has got to be done then about both of these Telecom's.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">All I can say is, if that was the case, why did Esat cut us off?????

This still does not make any sense, Esat have the option to make things cheaper for themselves, yet they do this to us?
    </font>

Like Straker says, ODTR are not being helpful. They have issued the prefixes for flat rate (1892/3) but haven't set prices, so the Telecoms have to agree prices with Eircon. And our friend Eircon have little interest in doing this. The ODTR are simply pathetic, and they need to be shown up.

Advertisement