Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Web site relaunched - new design

Options
  • 27-05-2001 1:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭

www.irelandoffline.com

Need I say more? I think not wink.gif

Been working on it 'til now- I'm OFF TO BED!!!

Enjoy, folks...

Bard
    First motorbike in the bible ???? - a Triumph! - 'And yea verily did Moses strike down the ammmanites, - and all the land did hear the roar of his triumph !!!'

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I liked the first design but I have to admit that this is a huge improvement. Here's hoping that it gets the HITS that it nedds and deserves. WELL DONE!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

The first design had to go. It was too similar to a site I'd written before for a client of my employers so there could have been issues there with copyright, etc.

This (new) design is a Bard original wink.gif

Bard
    First motorbike in the bible ???? - a Triumph! - 'And yea verily did Moses strike down the ammmanites, - and all the land did hear the roar of his triumph !!!'

Well done!

Just been there and registered my support. Hope it's been promoted all over the place by the middle of the week!

best regards.......

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Lucutus

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Bard:
    This (new) design is a Bard original wink.gif

</font>

Except for the Green Globe GFX, eh Bard? wink.gif

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Lucutus:
    Except for the Green Globe GFX, eh Bard? wink.gif

</font>

Very true, yes... but I was 'given' it for use in whatever site I like... and it looks great.

Bard

• Advertisement

Well done on the new design, it looks great.

One minor quibble (and I only mention it because it's the kind of thing that I'd want to know) is that the menu items on the left green nav menu don't line up correctly - this is under Netscape 4.7. "Objectives" (and perhaps "Home") seem out of line with the rest of the items underneath.

Though, the site looks excellent, this is a tiny detail. I've registered my support as well. Good luck!

http://babblogue.com

[This message has been edited by Maura (edited 28-05-2001).]

Nice design, but impossible for those of us who don't like javascript or who use text-mode browsers to navigate.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Maura:

One minor quibble (and I only mention it because it's the kind of thing that I'd want to know) is that the menu items on the left green nav menu don't line up correctly - this is under Netscape 4.7. "Objectives" (and perhaps "Home") seem out of line with the rest of the items underneath.

Though, the site looks excellent, this is a tiny detail. I've registered my support as well. Good luck!
    </font>

That was intentional. The menu options (on the right, BTW wink.gif) are supposed to be at a slant, like the green background behind them is.

Bard

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Bard:
    That was intentional. The menu options (on the right, BTW wink.gif) are supposed to be at a slant, like the green background behind them is.
    </font>

Heh, my other left...

Yeah, I know it's supposed to slant, I could see that easily enough. The top two were not slanting in line, if you get me.

However, it's all looking wonderful now! Perhaps Netscape was just acting up...

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Maura:

However, it's all looking wonderful now!
    </font>

Great, - thanks smile.gif
    <font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">

Perhaps Netscape was just acting up...

</font>

Erm... no - I admit it ... it was me ... ! I just double-checked and changed the code slightly to make sure that the slant was ... well - at the correct level of 'slantiness' wink.gif

Well spotted!

Bard

• Advertisement
Advertisement