Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mail at iol?

Options
  • 27-05-2001 9:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

As one of the 2000 users being dumped by ireland on line surf no limits Im a little confused..hopefully someone can help me. If I register with another isp...say eircom..not that I'd like to, but if I do..am I going to lose my iol email addy. Will I still be able to access it?? or will I have to change over completely??...

~Z~

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

There's been fair bit of discussion on this on ie.comp - consensus is that you will not lose your email address.

Thats something of a relief in all this confusion...thank-you.

~Z~

ah man, I've after telling all my contacts to not use my IOL email because It will not work after 31st frown.gif

D'OH !!

[This message has been edited by ando (edited 27-05-2001).]

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

One of the suggestions (I made it, in fact wink.gif ) is to get a non-ISP specific email address or a forwarding email address.

My own one, for example - niall (AT) okeeffe.com is non-ISP specific in that I don't have to have an ISP account to check it. It, along with many other Irish surname domains, is available from http://www.netidentity.com (formerly MailBank.com). That kind of service you have to pay for - while others (forwarding accounts) come free - you simply change the address that the email account forwards to when you change ISP's. More info on that at http://www.netforward.com/.

FYI smile.gif

Bard
    First motorbike in the bible ???? - a Triumph! - 'And yea verily did Moses strike down the ammmanites, - and all the land did hear the roar of his triumph !!!'

Advertisement