Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

75hr Letter - early next week...

Options
  • 25-05-2001 2:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

Just spoke to Esat Customer Care rep (Fiona). She told me the 75hrs-limit letter will be sent "early next week".

In the meantime I was told to keep using the service "as normal" but without exceeding the 75 limit.

Regards,
    Jake

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

That is just not good enough frown.gif

They can take their 75 hours and shove them firmly up their collective a$$es.

- Munch

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

A Question about the 75 hour limit...Is that 75 hours a *WEEK* or 75 hours a *MONTH*

If it is 75 hours a month then I'm with Stephen, they can put it where the sun don't shine
    cos there isn't a huge difference in cost using it 75hrs paying a phonebill to that evil company called Eircom, which is holding everything back. (I just needed to say that smile.gif )

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Vorrtexx:
    A Question about the 75 hour limit...Is that 75 hours a *WEEK* or 75 hours a *MONTH*

>
    cos there isn't a huge difference in cost using it 75hrs paying a phonebill to that evil company called Eircom, which is holding everything back. (I just needed to say that smile.gif )
    </font>

75 hours a month unfortunately frown.gif

Yes there is *some* savings: 75 hours at 1p per minute = £45.

I think Eircom gives 30% off, that's still £31.50 against £20 Eircom would get from "SNL75"

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by o_donnel_abu:

I think Eircom gives 30% off, that's still £31.50 against £20 Eircom would get from "SNL75"

</font>

oops, meant Esat would get

ah jeez

75hr a month is pretty tight!
    and I was hoping it'd be a week smile.gif

oh well, back to square 1 or should I say 1995

• Advertisement

this so called 75hr rule is as worthless as
    any contract with esat is,they seemingly
    can alter the terms of service when they
    like and for who they like,
    painting white lines on a white floor and
    vitimising you if you step outside them.
    what i haven't heard from people is how
    many of us are esat phone users? have esat
    just dumped the people with nolimits alone?
    the threat of a few hundred phone subscribers
    switching away from esat may concentrate
    their minds.
    BTW the terms of service apply equaly to the
    phone service so presumably they can alter that with out telling you as well!

kevin

NOPE! i think we sould be campaining to KEEP our current terms of service that we originaly signed up for. if we let them away this time they will do it again and again and again.......
    Also take into account that this service is now..... Slowwwwwwwwwwww
    do we accept this???
    I should think not!
    Lets all stand up an be counted!

[This message has been edited by BoneCollector (edited 26-05-2001).]

This is crap, I can't believe we are even having this discussion. I was in the states(US) last year and Internet access is just something like turning on a TV or a radio. YOu are just expected to have it for free and with no hassle. If you want, you can pay a little money, like 20 dollers a month, and you can have Always on, Fast access (512Kb/s) to the internet ..... no hassle, THE END.

It just shows how much Eircom is holding back Ireland.

BTW, did anyone notice that when NTL desided on halting their upgrade of the network, Eircom immideatly postponed their ADSL campaign. Looks like Eircom is trying to keep us with 56K's so that we will spend more time online and hence, Eircom get more money by charging us by the minute.

Advertisement