Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Esat/Eircom

Options
  • 27-05-2001 1:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Folowing all the posts and reading the papers about Esat's limited "No Limits"; I find it hard to believe that what "appeared" to be a forward thinking company, Esat with all their so called knowledgeable people and prior market research, did not manage to receive a commitment from Eircom in the event of high usage of their "No Limits" proposal to their customers.
    Surely there is a contract and as paying customers are we not entitled to see this contract, especially as Esat are blaming Eircom.
    Maybe E.Kehoe could question the Terms of Contract between these two companies.
    I know it is a long shot but anything is worth a try at this stage. Sorry for the long post.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

No, we're not entitled to see any contracts between Eircom and Esat, as a contract between two companies is essentially none of our business. It wouldn't matter though, as it's quite likely that it's a standard carrier preselect contract. Esat were chancing their arm, in the assumption that LLU would come about faster then it is. SNL was set up as a loss leader first day, to enlarge their market. Anybody with an ounce of sense saw this coming a long time ago, and I find it hard to believe that Esat didn't. With that in mind, I find it hard to believe Esat couldn't come up with a better way of handling it. And with *that* in mind, my conspiracy theory is that this is a very nasty attempt by Esat to put LLU in the public eye. Similar tactics are currently being used in the UK, with OLO's putting the price of DSL up, tackling the problem by hurting the customer.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by dahamsta:
    ....Esat were chancing their arm, in the assumption that LLU would come about faster then it is...I find it hard to believe Esat couldn't come up with a better way of handling it. And with *that* in mind, my conspiracy theory is that this is a very nasty attempt by Esat to put LLU in the public eye.</font>

I think your conspiracy theory could be right. Esat had ads in the newspapers on 1st April advertising broadband as an April Fool's joke. Axing 2,000 users in one fell swoop without any warning is one sure way of getting publicity, offloading people who are costing them money and turning up the heat on Eircom.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Based on the way Esat have handled the aftermath of the letter - indecision about whether Esat 2000 could avial of 75 hr rule, second letter that was promised but never appeared, etc. - I just don't think they are that clever smile.gif

Advertisement