Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

We Made The Papers...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Just to fix that URL you posted: http://www.ireland.com/newspaper/finance/2001/0525/fin2.htm

Good stuff biggrin.gif

- Munch

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I was looking for a membership sign up too....i stumbled onto the site today....

congrats and best wishes

i too am included in the SNL "cull"
    so from next week i'll certainly visit here for some of the small amount of time my budget will allow me online.
    now that there has been some press about it i think we should all do a bit more and start writing into the letters section of the newspapers etc. we shouldn't just take this laying down

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

With the increasing and improving media exposure, there is a need for the site to be re-written already. The existing site was only ever intended as a quick interim solution just so we'd have something up there. It has to change as the existing design is based heavily on a commercial project I was working on for a corporate client of my employers recently.

I've done the redesign for it and will be implementing the new look VERY soon.

Watch this space, folks- I'll announce it on these boards and on ie.comp

cheers,

Bard
    (the web'master')

Thats good to know, needles to say it's being promoted to all the major search engines too, people need to be made aware of it's existance, what we need is someone a celebrity to take up the cause like Eamon Dunphy and Sen Shane Ross were doing with the Eircom shareholders, for obvious reasons the or at least Mr Dunphy would appear to be linked to AOL so they couldn't do it, but someone like that with access to the media...

cheers...

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Fionn:
    what we need is someone a celebrity to take up the cause </font>

Anyone got any ideas on this - even better, anyone got contacts with someone like this ?

• Advertisement

Originally posted by Fionn:
    what we need is someone a celebrity to take up the cause like Eamon Dunphy and Sen Shane Ross were doing with the Eircom shareholders, for obvious reasons the or at least Mr Dunphy would appear to be linked to AOL so they couldn't do it, but someone like that with access to the media...

mmmmmmm, I e-mailed Dunphy at The Last Word during the initial flurry of activity when "the" letter arrived, but as far I know he's not so much as mentioned the NoLimits fiasco at all. Am I right or did I just miss it? Surely I wasn't the only one to contact the show? What's that all about? ;-)

Black Frank

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

New look web site is almost finished folks- and even if I do say so myself... it's GORGEOUS!!! smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif

Bard
    First motorbike in the bible ???? - a Triumph! - 'And yea verily did Moses strike down the ammmanites, - and all the land did hear the roar of his triumph !!!'

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Black Frank:
    Originally posted by Fionn:
    at least Mr Dunphy would appear to be linked to AOL
    </font>

Ahhh...sorry that should be IOL not aol...Eamon Dunphy has a column on IOL called slash ed
    So I reckon there would be a conflict of interest there.
    Couldn't exactly be slagging off the guys that pay the wages...eh?

or maybe he's a luddite....lol

But he might take up the challenge to get pressure put on Eircom.

Advertisement