Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My Story..........

Options
  • 27-05-2001 2:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

My Story: Esat Nolimits i joined the service 19 months ago. My reward for being a LOYAL customer ..... END OF MAY I AM BEEN DISCONNECTED. Why because i used this service to download game demos, drivers, mp3, windows updates, play counterstrike, quake3.......etc. I did not know there was a SPIRIT involved in this package but then again who did!!! frown.gif. So what am i left with........NOTHING. How are we doing in the worldwide stakes of Broadband http://www.point-topic.com . Who left us so far behind...........?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I'm in the same boat......well not only me the whole household! The whole thing was handled very badly to say the least.

Who left us so far behind....?

1. The Government

2. The ODTR

3. Eircom

4. The likes of Esat and others

4. We the people that use the services

The Government got rid of Eircom to make a quick buck and also screwed the people of this country that bought shares! Not saying that the rest of us weren't screwed by Telecom Eireann before that! it was like THEY were doing you a favour by giving you a phone line.

The ODTR has the power to take the teleco operators to task but for whatever reason seems to leave them off with a slap on the wrist. It's happened time and time again.

Presently Alfie Kane and co. Eircom are sitting on developing ADSL in favour of ISDN an overpriced over the hill service, they reckon they can squeeze extra dough out of the hard pressed users here.

Esat and the likes are in here for one thing and one thing only...MONEY....that they got it all wrong is their fault NOT OURS! Just remember the next time you see one of these company's flashy advertisements on telly, take away the glitz and what have you got? a greedy corporate entity that couldn't give tuppance for customer loyalty or anything else....all they want is your money, whether you get a service is irevelant to them.

We have to share some of the blame for falling behind, as mentioned in another forum, it's time now for us....the ordinary people to demand from our politicians action on this and upgrade ireland (the e-commerce hub of europe.so they tell us!) from a third world status.

Advertisement