Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lets get on with it.!!!

Options
  • 24-05-2001 8:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Having received the letter from Esat about 'cutting me off' I sent Andrew Conlam-Trant a long letter of protest, and threatened to Sue if they did not retract. Needless to say, no reply, so a copy is going of once again. However, having now found this site, I read through some of the posts, and have to admit that Esat and Eircom must be laughing their heads off !! (A bunch of amateurs trying to force US to do something) is probably their current feeling ?? What has actually been done, apart from the Web site ? Has any concrete action been taken. ? What is all the 'who-har' about the committe and about a name ? The name "Irelandoffline" is perfect. Who R the committe. Where are the committee's postings ? How do we contact them, apart from this 'forum' ? (No contact details on the web site) !!! Come on, for goodness sake, lets get together and do something. "Nolimits" means what it says "no limits" and they cannot discriminate against some of us just because (according to them) we overuse the system !! I will send anybody a copy of my letter to Esat, if they would like it. But, please lets get together and take some action.. Ray..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by angryuser:
    Having received the letter from Esat about 'cutting me off' I sent Andrew Conlam-Trant a long letter of protest, and threatened to Sue if they did not retract.

Legally they only had to give 30 days notice, which they did.

Needless to say, no reply, so a copy is going of once again. However, having now found this site, I read through some of the posts, and have to admit that Esat and Eircom must be laughing their heads off !! (A bunch of amateurs trying to force US to do something) is probably their current feeling ?? What has actually been done, apart from the Web site ? Has any concrete action been taken.

The PR Officer has already spoken to Andrew Conlan-Trent and is in the process of setting up a meeting with him.

What is all the 'who-har' about the committe and about a name ? The name "Irelandoffline" is perfect.

There was a bit of a ruck over the name, but it's all over now!!

Who R the committe. Where are the committee's postings ?

Mostly on ie.comp newsgroup which was the main forum before this board was set-up.

How do we contact them, apart from this 'forum' ? (No contact details on the web site) !!!

If you click on "Contact Details" you'll find contact details for several members of the commitee :-)
    Also the site has only been up a couple of days and improvements and additions will be going up soon.

Come on, for goodness sake, lets get together and do something. "Nolimits" means what it says "no limits" and they cannot discriminate against some of us just because (according to them) we overuse the system !! I will send anybody a copy of my letter to Esat, if they would like it. But, please lets get together and take some action.. Ray..
    </font>

Action IS under way so stay tuned!!

p.s I'm not a member of the commitee OK! ;-)

Black Frank

angryuser
    <font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by angryuser:
    Having received the letter from Esat about 'cutting me off' I sent Andrew Conlam-Trant a long letter of protest, and threatened to Sue if they did not retract. Needless to say, no reply, so a copy is going of once again. However, having now found this site, I read through some of the posts, and have to admit that Esat and Eircom must be laughing their heads off !! (A bunch of amateurs trying to force US to do something) is probably their current feeling ?? What has actually been done, apart from the Web site ? Has any concrete action been taken. ? What is all the 'who-har' about the committe and about a name ? The name "Irelandoffline" is perfect. Who R the committe. Where are the committee's postings ? How do we contact them, apart from this 'forum' ? (No contact details on the web site) !!! Come on, for goodness sake, lets get together and do something. "Nolimits" means what it says "no limits" and they cannot discriminate against some of us just because (according to them) we overuse the system !! I will send anybody a copy of my letter to Esat, if they would like it. But, please lets get together and take some action.. Ray..</font>

Thanks Black Frank. Will keep watching for good news, and hoping..:-))

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Normally I hate the indiscriminate use of caps, but for once I'm willing to make an exception:

BRING ME THE HEAD OF ANDREW CONLAN-TRANT

Big girls blouse with his girly double-barrel name...

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by dahamsta:
    Normally I hate the indiscriminate use of caps, but for once I'm willing to make an exception:

BRING ME THE HEAD OF ANDREW CONLAN-TRANT

Big girls blouse with his girly double-barrel name...
    </font>

I wish I could 'Dahamsta'. Nothing I would like better than to join with you and have a 'footie' with his head.Wonder where he comes from, with a name like that ??

Seems like we don't have many visitors here to this topic ?? I admit I have not got used to this system yet..!! Maybe there are other topics on this subject, somewhere ??

• Advertisement
Advertisement