Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

irelandoffline.com

Options
  • 16-05-2001 12:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭

Hi all -

I've put up a basic site, and I'm passing on the FTP details to Howard to administer or allocate to whoever wants - feel free to forget about the current design when your logo competition is complete.

www.irelandoffline.com

BTW, it would be a good idea to register .org and to promote that as the main address eventually as mentioned in a previous topic.

John.
    --

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

hmm cloud can i help wiv the site?
    hehe i did set up a site on like the 2nd day of the esat thing smile.gif (' just shows how many pwople looked at the site frown.gif ')

i know it will get removed or somthing but:

http://www.boards.ie/members/cr8or/
    smile.gif

Well currently Niall O'Keefe is knocking the site together, and he is hoping to have it up at www.irelandoffline.com in a day or so. A few of the committee are acting as guinea pigs for the design currently. I'm sure once it is up comments will be appreciated and the site will continue to develop as a result.

You could help me with content for the site by putting foward technical issues that you feel should be covered, in an educational way to underline and explain the technical aspects of improved Internet availability, as I am currently sorting out and looking for aspects to cover. I'll consider anything, for inclusion but the goal is to keep it straight foward enough so as many people as possible will be able to grasp the many technical issues. Other people are working on different content subjects and I am sure they will put out a call on participaion at some stage too.

Nice one with your site BTW, I checked it out soon after getting the lettter! Reassuring to see I was not alone in getting the thing in the first place!

Well currently Niall O'Keefe is knocking the site together, and he is hoping to have it up at www.irelandoffline.com in a day or so. A few of the committee are acting as guinea pigs for the design currently. I'm sure once it is up comments will be appreciated and the site will continue to develop as a result.

You could help me with content for the site by putting foward technical issues that you feel should be covered, in an educational way to underline and explain the technical aspects of improved Internet availability, as I am currently sorting out and looking for aspects to cover. I'll consider anything, for inclusion but the goal is to keep it straight foward enough so as many people as possible will be able to grasp the many technical issues. Other people are working on different content subjects and I am sure they will put out a call on participaion at some stage too.

Nice one with your site BTW, I checked it out soon after getting the lettter! Reassuring to see I was not alone in getting the thing in the first place!

smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Yep- I'm writing the web site, but have suffered a couple of setbacks, which have been communicated to the committee and they're quite understanding of the problems I'm currently experiencing.

My problem with irelandoffline.com is that the server is UNIX based and so doesn't support ASP or the server side components which I was using in the building of the site. I'm just going to have to use frames or some other solution to get around this (so that the URL remains the same) and host it myself on scaryeire.com (NT-based).

Cheers,

Bard
    Never go off on tangents, which are lines that intersect a curve at only one point and were discovered by Euclid, who lived in the 6th century, which was an era dominated by the Goths, who lived in what we now know as Poland.

[This message has been edited by Bard (edited 20-05-2001).]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭Cloud

Niall, when you get your site up on scaryeire let me know the URL and I'll just forward irelandoffline.com on to it (with a frame).

John.
    --
    Actually better still, I can redirect the DNS entry to that for scaryeire if that helps.

[This message has been edited by Cloud (edited 21-05-2001).]

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

John,

I've put frames pages up there already - one for each page with all the links on the site targetting "_top".

Redirecting the DNS would be ideal, but unfortunately, I don't know if I quite have the freedom to add a new site to IIS to take that domain on that server - I'd have to check that.

For the moment, I'd leave it as-is.

Bard
    First motorbike in the bible ???? - a Triumph! - 'And yea verily did Moses strike down the ammmanites, - and all the land did hear the roar of his triumph !!!'

Advertisement