Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Welcome

Options
  • 09-01-2001 11:14pm
    Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

Welcome to ICDG's UK TV forum. This forum is for discussion of Network BBC, Network ITV, HTV, S4C, Channel 4, Channel 5, Sky, and other satellite/cable TV. Local BBC and ITV should go in the Irish Television forum.

Some topics for discussion:

News at when? Should ITV and BBC go head-to-head?

E4 - good station or cheap imitation Sky One.

Should Irish viewers recieve Channel 5?

regards
    ICDG

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Does anyone know if the cable/MMDS companies have EXCLUSIVE licences to brodcast BBC/ITV in the republic, or is this now opened up to competition (as with Aer Lingus/Eircom etc...)?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

The cable and MMDS companies have exclusive licences to use cable and MMDS until 19 April 2004. But that doesn't stop someone else providing these channels via a different platform (DSAT or DTT) if they get agreement from the relevant organisations. In fact, Eircom has such agreement for its ADSL trial.

Ronan D:
    "E4 - good station or cheap imitation Sky One."

Well I suppose it has more organic programmes than Sky One, even if it is a loose definition of comedy. And many of those shows are now running on C4; As If, PopWorld and soon you'll get Banzai, which actually is funny but for the wrong reasons. I'd like to see Chained but it's on during the week so I haven't had the chance to see it yet. I've heard it's so far had disastrous ratings so who knows what they'll do with it. Wonder if they will be having a 24/7 Big Brother operation in the Summer like planned, may give the ratings a boost if it happens. OT but any more word on the Irish version of Big Brudder? And is Anna gonna host it?

"Should Irish viewers recieve Channel 5?"

And what have they done to deserve such a cruel affliction? Joke! :-) You'll probably be getting it very soon on SkyDigital; can anyone in North Donegal get it from the relay in Derry?

Col :-)

Chained is very poor, and I fully understand the low ratings.

Yes - chained is poor.

But, having a bath chained to five women?
    (last weeks episode) :->

• Advertisement
Advertisement