Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky digital: A fair deal for Irish viewers????

Options
  • 17-01-2001 4:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Reading UK based forums in relation to Sky digital, I am glad that I am not the only person that is disapointed with the fact that BBC is not available to viewers in the Republic.
    Any ideas?????

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

i feel Sky Digital viewers in ROI are being ripped off. £36 a month is a bit disgraceful for Sky World. i know this has something to do with the Euro. but the Euro is getting stronger so will we ever see the price coming down to the UK's £34. FAT CHANCE!!! is there any tryuth to the rumour that TV3 are in talks with Sky about carriage. i hope so because the reception isnt all that good in my area. plus i believe RTÉ should also join when DTT starts in this country and maybe we can swap services with the UK eg. we get BBC and they can have RTÉ

Sky is a great service,and with rumours that Irish and British terrestrial channels are to come on soon it may be even better.

the key word here "RUMOURS"

the key word is indeed "RUMOURS" but i can see no reason why RTÉ, TV3 and TG4 can't join Sky Digital. after all a license fee is being payed and the picture isn't all that great around here and now RTÉ are looking for an extra £50 after losing various programming and Champions League to TV3. the cheek of some people. maybe the £50 is for transponder space but i'd say its for the over payed presenters and more stupid american imports and rubbish like Glenroe

I got my BBC on from this guy
    rick-wain@nightmail.com it works 100%

• Advertisement

how do you mean you got your BBC from this guy. what did you buy, another STB and a UK FTV card. and how much was it

...can you please be more specific how how your dealer set up your BBC channels for you?

Thanks.

come on Paddy, we're waiting

Paddy is not a registered member.
    Maybe he is trying to wind us up!!!!!!!!

Look I have all the BBC and CH4 & Ch5 on my Sky system 100% I am not winding up anybody I got a card from the guy I told you about eariler, I paid no money until I was 100% happy I have now since Oct'99 with no problems. The BBC I have is the London version not the Welsh or North of Ireland version. My buddie got a card also from him over a year ago for BBC Scotland for the Scotish football and he the Celtic V Rangers game 3-4 weeks ago for free, when the most of us had to pay Sky for it.

• Advertisement

Is the card you have seperate from your regular Sky card??
    Do you have to exchange cards each time you want to watch BBC1-CH4 etc??????
    And one final question...How much was it????
    Thanks Paddy

Advertisement