Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who wants to be a millionaire

Options
  • 24-01-2001 3:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Did anyone see the woman on the Irish WWTBAM last night. She took absolutely ages to answer the questions. Gay was trying to tell her to hurry up, but she said that she thought that she could take as long as she liked. It was very unfair to the other cotestants waiting to take part.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Since the show isnt live they should have edited out her dithering.This kind of rubbish puts people off the show.

what else they could do to improve this show is get a presenter with a bit of personality. perhaps a comedian or something. let's face it Gay Byrne has had his day

I agree. Personally I would have liked to seen Ian Dempsey present it. Gay had his time (and that was years ago). He can be condecending to the contestants at times, e.g. "I thought that you'd have know that.".

However in his defence, he has a very hard job to do. Everyone here has seen Chris Tarrant, who is by far and away the best Millionaire presenter, and whoever presents the Irish version will be compared (unfavourably) to him.

i know comparisons will be made but still no need for Mr. Byrne to present this show. Ian Dempsey as you said would have been a good choice

what would be great is someone like Graham Norton(not that this will ever happen) to present the show instead of a dried up prune who needs to retire

• Advertisement
Advertisement