Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

UTV in ROI via Sky Digital?

• 16-07-2001 10:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

I emailed UTV last week about its forthcoming arrival onto Dsat and asked whether or not ROI viewers will get it. Here is the reply...

Dear Will,

Thank you for your e-mail regarding UTV's availability on Sky Digital.

UTV will be available on Sky Digital at the end of the year as part of ITV. As yet we have not finalised with Sky how ITV will be distributed for viewers in the Republic of Ireland, but we will certainly be aiming to ensure UTV is available in the South. Unfortunately I do not have any further information for you at this stage.

We appreciate when viewers take the time to get in touch as your comments are very important to us and will be seen by UTV senior management.

Yours sincerely,

Orla McKibbin
    Head of Press and PR

So, UTV want are trying to be available in the South. Hope so. Anyone got any further info on this or indeed C4 or C5?

WILL D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Im not suprised.UTV are very fond of expanding South.And another thing,the fact they have very few American progs lessens the probs compared to BBC.

Yeah i`m wondering bout the availability of bbc1 and 2 on digital because at the mo they are the only things making me stay with chorus`s absolutely sh!te service

I might look like a fool but i`m really a blithering idiot

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Danny:
    Yeah i`m wondering bout the availability of bbc1 and 2 on digital because at the mo they are the only things making me stay with chorus`s absolutely sh!te service

</font>

you obviously dont do much research, so id say, you best stay with ChorusuX

Ashley Lyn Cafagna

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,872 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Excellent news - it means UTV will probably be available on Sky in ROI at same time as ITV-1 in the UK.

Now the latter is the £1m question...

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Danny:
    </font>

Eh? BBC ONE and TWO are on SkyDigital.

• Advertisement

At least we know the story with UTV/ITV, but what about Channel 4. It' easier to get an audience with the pope than to find out if/when we can get Channel 4 in Ireland. Does anybody have any information?

did anyone ever see how the utv website has two address utv.ie utv.co.uk.

Gosh, How interesting rolleyes.gif *cough*

Be nice.

The fact that UTV has two domain names just strengthens the arguement that they are targetting the Republic as much as the North. UTV Internet (http://www.utvinternet.com) is available all over the island. And the mail that Will received is a very good sign of the availability of UTV when it arrives on Sky.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by ShaneOC:
    Be nice.

The fact that UTV has two domain names just strengthens the arguement that they are targetting the Republic as much as the North. UTV Internet (http://www.utvinternet.com) is available all over the island. And the mail that Will received is a very good sign of the availability of UTV when it arrives on Sky.
    </font>

Your'e right. I'm just in a sarcastic humour. (Sorry enday2k) Bad day etc smile.gif

Obviously they realise what size market lies south of the border
    by registering the utv domain with an .ie suffix. Lets hope they do their figures and come up with a package for us down south on SkyDigi. wink.gif

[This message has been edited by BNC (edited 23-07-2001).]

• Advertisement

Just to update:
    I finally got a response from Channel Four via the C4 forum with this excuse of an answer:
    Channel 4 are a publically owned company, with a license to broadcast in the UK. There are no plans to extend the license to the Republic of Ireland.

What a load of rubbish. I'm starting to worry that C4 may never appear on the Irish Sky Digital service. frown.gif

WILL D

in reality "licenses to broadcast" mean nothing with Satellite broadcasting, cuz if you want it, you can have the channel with little effort.

Ashley...if only

Ashley Lyn Cafagna

Advertisement