Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Football Pay-Per-View prices

• 10-07-2001 5:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

I've just seen on another site the prices that Sky have set for the Pay-per-view football this coming season. It will be £50 for all 14 matches, or £8 each for individual matches for Sky subscribers - £14 each for non-subscribers, I would assume this means through your cable company.......
    These are of course sterling prices......

Any thoughts ????

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Basically, if you subscribe to Sky Sports on Sky Digital, you can get PPV matches for £8 each or get a "Season Ticket" for £50 which covers all 40 games (not 14). If you have Sky Digital but don't subscribe to Sky Sports, each match will be £14 or a Season Ticket for £120. So, obviously, you are better off if u subscribe to SS. I rang Sky last nite and was told that the prices are same for ROI viewers. Please note that you have up to 31 July to avail of the Season Ticket offer. If you don't wanna bother about PPV, the SS package has an extra 6 live games bringing it to 66!

WILL

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by NIBBS:
    - £14 each for non-subscribers, I would assume this means through your cable company.......</font>

No - if you have a Sky Digibox and don't subscribe to Sky (this can happen to UK viewers who pay £100 for installation - they are not required to sign a contract or any viewer who has subscribed for 12 months and cancelled) then you can still avail of the service, but at a higher price.

could ye gimme the exact URL of this infomation on the sky website please?

Another thing I heard was if you don't sign up for the 'Season Ticket' before 31st July it then goes up to 60 quid for the ticket. Can someone please verify this?

Thanks

could ye gimme the exact URL of this infomation on the sky website please?

Another thing I heard was if you don't sign up for the 'Season Ticket' before 31st July it then goes up to 60 quid for the ticket. Can someone please verify this?

Thanks

Apologies, don't know how I typed the 14.......instead of 40....

I wonder what they'll charge pubs for the showing the games....
    the viewing figures for soccer were down last year, and sky claim that more people are watching games in pubs, I'd assume they will start charging pubs more soon enough...

• Advertisement

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by spanner_head:

Thanks
    </font>

channel 433 verifies this

There are significant differences between UK prices and IR prices....

If u subscribe to Sky Sports, a game costs IR£10 or IR£75 for a season ticket

If u dont subscribe to SS, a game costs IR£18 or IR£150 for the season ticket.

I for one will now not be getting the season ticket.

WILL D

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by irishblimp:
    There are significant differences between UK prices and IR prices....
    </font>

Taking into the account the exchange rate they are about the same, though slightly cheaper in ROI.

Advertisement