Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new channel launch

Options
  • 28-06-2001 12:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Quoted from "Stefan Hagedorn" <webmaster@transponder-news.de>

"> Sky Digital-news
    (sh) Qatar based Arab news channel Al Jazeera is soon to enter the UK mar-
    ket als part of Sky Digital. The programm will broadcast free-to-air for the
    first three months. Al Jazeera comes additional on Hot Bird 2, 13 degrees
    East.
    Furthermore EuroSport News plan to join to Sky Digital line-up in next time.
    Sky's technology channel, .tv, is to close down on 2 September,due to an
    advertising downturn and lack of cable TV carriage. The channel launched in
    September 1996 as The Computer Channel and was later renamed .tv in
    March 1998.
    Its closure could signal the end for other marginal channels in the Sky Di-
    gital line-up."

Regards Tony

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

There is also a Classical Music channel starting up - it is on the EPG after the other Music channels (464 or something) though it looks like it is going to be a standalone subscription channel as they have the number on-screen to call if you want to subscribe.

Noooo!! They can't close .tv . Where will I get my fix of gadgets from! biggrin.gif

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by BNC:
    Noooo!! They can't close .tv . Where will I get my fix of gadgets from! biggrin.gif</font>

As a support technican, I can only laugh at some of the answers they give on "Chips with Everything"

I will miss it for the entertainment value it gives me......... smile.gif

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by DamoDMC:
    As a support technican, I can only laugh at some of the answers they give on "Chips with Everything"

I will miss it for the entertainment value it gives me......... smile.gif
    </font>

I' agree with you on that allright. There was a right doozey of an answer a few weeks ago as to how to remove an NTFS partition from a HD. They said Fdisk was not able to remove NTFS partitions. Obviously they hadn't heard of "show non-dos partitions"!! tongue.gif

Is Technofile still on SkyNews? The guys on that were pretty good. wink.gif

AFAIK, Technofile was axed from Sky News. With [.tv] now being axed, there is nothing left with technology on any TV platform unless u consider GN and einstein.tv!!

WILL D

• Advertisement
Advertisement