Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

whats available on analogue

Options
  • 20-03-2001 6:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

A friend has recently recieved an analogue system. They have reactivated it for £15 from sky has any one got a full english speaking channel list.I know ther cant be many left as they are all going digital.thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Check out the following website:
    www.geocities.com/analoguesat/
    Or go to your local newsagent and buy a copy of the "What Satellite" magazine which gives excellent frequencies listings for all satellites that can be viewed in the UK/ROI
    The new edition for May is now on sale, and features in the "News" columns that RTE are in talks with Sky for transmission. Interesting.

Hmm. What Satellite. Never thought of buying it. Any good? Is it costly? Does it list digi chans not on EPG?

Here in the ROI the cost is four pounds. However if you are "Into" sky digital its pretty good to buy as it gives news, and a monthly listing for all television channels on satellite. As mentioned earlier, it does list the other satellites up there, and also sometimes features different stations available to anyone in the ROI/UK.
    Lots of ads aswell, annoying but lots of good gadgets for sky digital etc.
    By the way IrishBlimp, I visited an Eircom store to purchase a Sky TV link and was quoted sixty pounds!!!!
    What a rip off. What does your company sell them for. I remember checking a company based in Dublin website, and it was much cheaper than that. Also on mail order from the UK it would be indeed cheaper even considerating the exchange rate..........For example an extra Sky remote and TV Link on a British website mail order are 26 pounds sterling.

Thanks for youre help. I was given decembers issue and did what you suggested. I tuned animal planet in. I thought maybe nat goegraphic and granader were still available.ps it is a good read on wahts new.

More of the Sky stations will be closing down their analogue transmissions from March 31st:
    UK Gold
    Animal Planet
    Discovery
    Home & Leisure
    Living
    Challenge
    History
    Sci-Fi
    Bravo
    UK Horizons

Only Sky News/CNN/Channel 5 will be available until the end of 2001. Still lots of german stations.......

• Advertisement

Tanya:

Pay no more than IR£25 for a TVlink. We sell them @ £22.99 or £39 with a replacement R/C (which would b best option coz then u have 2). £60 is a wee bit OTT! Was trying to find What Satellite in newsagents 2day but guess what? NONE!! In 3 shops!! Grrrr!! I assume it comes out on certain dates every month. Does it give TV listings for ALL skydigital channels for a whole month? That's very handy.

www.digiguide.com

digiguide is by far the best place i found for listings. it is well worth the download

Advertisement