Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new channels

• 25-02-2001 12:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

i found new czech channels at
    H
    3/4
    they will only come through with a good signal mine are a bit dodgy
    also i have been told by that come april 1st bbc will be on the EPG provided that you have sky world.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Some satellite launch scheduled for March 2nd (Eurobird??) is supposed to bring some new cahneels to viewers. Does anyone know if this will apply to Sky Digital, and if so, what channels can we expect?

Eurobird is launching soon.The only channel that we know definetly be on it is Euronews.Of course there will be other channels,but were not sure what they are.Some channels may be on the epg but others will have to be accessed via add channels.

I was re-adding some of the UK channels to my "Other Channels" and when adding Channel 4, I saw that there were 6-7 instances of Channel 4 on the list. There were some others also, including one called "F4e". When selected a coloured bar test card with CH4 LONDON accross is displayed. Any idea what this might be, or if it is likely to remain clear once it gets past the test card phase ?

Thanks.

I have C4 london test card in the "Add Channels" function.
    Apparently it will be a new FilmFour service.
    It is reported on other forums that FilmFour is adding extra channels to its service. It is a suscription service so you will have to pay extra.
    As reported in the ICDG news section, channel four are implementing regional versions of C4. Thats the reason you will see C4U (Ulster) C4Sc (Scotland) etc.
    These regions are ONLY for commercials and the programmes will remain the same. The UK post code will determine which region of CH4 that is received.
    So will we be able to receive any of the new CH4 over here in the ROI???? We will wait and see.

<!--EZCODE BOLD START--> yeah, there r 6 variations which are regional variations:
    london; south & east; midlands; north; northern ireland; scotland. the only differences are the advertisements.
    <!--EZCODE BOLD END-->

• Advertisement

<!--EZCODE CENTER START--><center> digiman, i have tried to get the czech channels but all i get is "No Signal" i must be outside the footprint. What satellite are they broadcast on? I assume it's not Astra 2A, 2B, 2C or 2D.</center><!--EZCODE CENTER END-->

EuroNews is to launch soon on sky digital. unfortunately, i do not know when but probably within next few months

it's supposed to launch in April

In reply to IrishBlimp, it is not suprising that you dont receive these channels. They come from a satellite adjoining Astra, and are only received in southern parts of England. I have read on other forums that on a clear day viewers of SkyDigital can receive them but when the weather turn bad the signal goes.

Ah I see. Thanks for clarifying that for me Tanya. Ah well, the channels would be useless anyway unless u could understand the language!! Another thing, when I was adding UK terrestrial freqs to my digibox, i came across Pub Channel. Nothing happened when i selected it but i assume it is a forthcoming channel. Hopefully better than LibertyTV or Wellbeing!

• Advertisement

There are several channels on Sky which the ordinary viewing public cannot receive:
    Sky Pub Channel
    Automative Channel (903)
    These channels are for trade only.
    For example the "Pub" channel does training videos etc for the pub trade in the UK and can only be viewed with a suitable card. It also has "Pub Quiz" hours etc.
    The "Automotive" channel is for the motor trade.
    If you go to Lyngsat (www.lyngsat.com) you will also find a complete frequency list for the new EuroBird satellite. The frequencies are all listed, but as yet NO stations are allocated. Not suprising considering the EuroBird is due to go on air on April 1st.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

While we were off air 🤣:) a new old music channel started on

That's TV

11582 H 22000 DVB-S 5/6 QPSK 5/6

DUPLICATE POST. Seems there's 2 'New Channel' threads but this disaster is so cluttered and hard to navigate........ Not to mention glacially slow

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

We don’t drag up old threads

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement