Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I hope they don't blow it

Options
  • 23-04-2001 9:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

I think Chorus and NTL have 6months, 18 max to get a crediable Digital service together.
    I hope they havn't blown it by using wrong kit for MMDS, with it on 2.4GHz and potential for 65 to 120 channels it could be better than Ondigital and our yet to appear Digico.
    But if they have unreliable, poor quality feeds, ill done installations that freeze and don't do a brillant service on cable with

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Last week i recieved a leter saying they were going to download new software to my Chorus (MMDS) digibox and for me to follow the on screen info then press OK. I wonder is this going to be the end of my free viewing. (18.49 for the whole service.)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Well, we know NTL at any rate have decided to go with cheaper technology than the fibre-optic cables they were going to use...whether they still use the Scientific Atlanta/Liberate STB technology is any guess, although comments by Brian Moore in today's Indo suggest they will.

(See cablenews.diginews.org for anyone wanting to see what these look like)

Advertisement