Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Different charges for Chorus Mds

Options
  • 17-04-2001 7:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

I WAS TALKING TO AN EX-CHORUS SALES MAN AND HE CLAIMS THAT IN EAST CORK CHORUS CHARGE 10.OO A MONTH FOR THE BASIC MDS SERVICE AS OPPOSED TO 18.50 IN THE REST OF THE COUNTRY.

IE. IF YOU LIVE ON THE LIMERICK ROAD INTO CHARLEVILLE YOU PAY 18.50 A MONTH FOR THE BASIC SERVICE BUT IF YOU LIVE ON THE CORK ROAD OUT OF CHARLEVILLE YOU PAY ONLY 10.OO A MONTH.

IS THIS TRUE ?? AND IF IT IS HAS ANYBODY COMPLAINED TO THE ODTR ??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I live in East Cork, and I can tell you that Chorus charge £18.50 a month for their basic service.
    Last year, they had a special offer of free connection, and £9.99 a month, for the first three months basic service.
    Even if they offered the service for £10 a month now, I doubt if many people would be interested, as Sky are far superior, in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

That adds up because my friend was saying if he could charge those prices in Limerick he would clean up.

Advertisement