Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Customer Charters to become offical as of July 1st

Options
  • 07-04-2001 5:07pm
    Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭

There'll be a full news story on this on ICDG tommorow. But for those who can't wait...

The ODTR is to require cable & MMDS companies to have codes of conduct for handleling compliants implemented by July 1st. That means you can hold the cable companies accountable for breaching these.

I published the draft codes on ICDG several weeks ago - these will be updated with the offical ones as they are published. (I expect NTL's one to come through my mailbox any time soon...)

PS. See how complaints have shot up in the past few months...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I am sure Ronan, that this is "Too little..Too late" as i and i am sure many others, have ditched Chorus.
    I was happy calling them last week and informing them. However they told me they would contact me in the next few weeks to arrange a collection of the box.
    Chorus, what a lot they have to learn about customer service.........

Hi Tanya!

Good to hear I am not the only one ditching chorus.
    Did they offer any resistance when you called them?
    I read in the contract that to cancel they need 30 days notice in writing, so it might be an idea to send them a letter to this effect. They may try the old "we have no record of your request" routine.

I had the phone call from them yesterday asking why I cancelled. They were more interested in sending a technician to check my system. I told them no and that I would not change my mind. As soon as I mentioned the magic words "Sky Digital" they gave up.

PJ

You bet you will not be the only one to give the boot to Chorus-over 86% of complaints to the ODTR are about Chorus. Given that their customer base is half that of ntl, that is some achievement (their only achievement!).

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

That's only 86% of the 307 non-Chorus customer service charge related complaints. There's another 297 of those!

Chorus really, really need to do something about their customer service...

Advertisement