Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chorus Annalogue MMDS................

Options
  • 02-04-2001 1:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

What channels do you get on annalogue MMDS from that wonderful broadcasting company "Chorus"
    Here in Tipperary on the former Suir-Nore region, I receive:
    BBC1
    BBC2
    UTV
    Ch4
    TV3
    MTV (Sharing transponder with racing Channel)
    Sky one (Irish)
    Sky News (Irish)

And I also get the following channels free, even though I dont have a suscription:

Sports 1
    Sports 2
    Sports 3
    Sky premier

Anyone get any different channels as listed above???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I am Athlone - ex Horizon (apparently)

BBC1 - Yes
    BBC2 - Yes
    UTV - Yes
    Ch4 - Yes
    TV3 - Yes
    MTV (Sharing transponder with racing Channel) - No
    Sky one - Yes, UK Version
    Sky News - Yes, UK version

And I also get the following channels free, even though I dont suscribe to them:

Sports 1 - yes (but do pay for)
    Sports 2 - yes (but do pay for)
    Sports 3 - no
    Sky premier - yes (but don't pay for so can't view)

Anyone get any different channels as listed above???

We also have Europsport(day)/Nickelodeon(morning)/Bravo(overnight) and Discovery

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

You are ex-Horizon Richard - there were four companies that originally made up Princes Holdings - Cork Communications, Horizon TV Distribution, Westward Cable, and Independent Wireless Cable. Circa 1996, the generic "Irish Multichannel" branding was adopted. At first the four companies called themselves the first part of what they used to be called along with the word Multichannel, so "Horizon Multichannel", "Cork Multichannel" and "Westward Multichannel" - Independent Wireless Cable was "East Coast Multichannel. Then around 1998 they just called themselves Irish Multichannel. They were then joined by Suir Nore Relays and CMI Cable - the three were rebranded Chorus in 2000

Here endeth the lesson.

With respect to ronan, I would like to point out that a Company namechange still means the same "Crap" service.
    The ads on tv for Chorus are however in reverse. Instead of the local people in Cork changing signposts to get the Chorus van to their village, I would imagine that the people were changing the signposts to divert chorus to stay clear of their area.
    I am a great fan of Sky, their technology and C/S are excellent. It is a great pity that an Irish company like Chorus is loosing out to a multinational like Sky.However being proud of all things irish, it is sad that Irish people like myself are dumping this big pile of garbage that trades under the name of Chorus.

i am in south west wicklow former Irish muti channel

This is my crap lineup!
    BBC1 NI
    BBC2
    UTV
    CH4
    SKY Sports 1 (scrambled)
    SKY Sports 3 (scrambled)
    Eurosport european version
    SKY 1 UK
    Sky news UK
    Discovery/Bravo/Crap Chorus GAA Channel (timeshare)
    TV3
    Sky Premier (scrambled)

Only ever use the first 3!

Regards
    PJ

Yes - I agree, whatever name they call themselves this year, its still the same rubbish service from Princes Holdings Limited.

I remember visiting Limerick in the early days of MMDS and seeing Horizon adverts scrolling across the bottom of the screen on one of the channels! Annoying or what, though they don't do that any more.

PS the channel line up above seems typical of the ex-IMC regions, its what I have on my site for Limerick..

• Advertisement

Is this joke channel still in existance?

didnt Trevor Welsh now on TV3 used to present that or am i thinking of something totally different

Up to very recently, we used to get this Chorus GAA channel on the same frequency that Shares Racing Channel,MTV.
    However I have not seen it for a while. Not missing much!

Try <!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://icdg.come.to/local.htm&quot; OLDREF="">icdg.come.to/local.htm</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--> to see some pics of it.

It has the live coverage rights for Shannon Rugby Club's European Cup matches, too.

Chorus cannot re-broadcast other television stations properly, picture break up etc.
    How can they possibly produce programmes of their own?
    Can they actually do something right????

• Advertisement
Advertisement