Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Re: CHORUS DIGITAL

Options
  • 30-03-2001 3:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

I think bbc/utv/c4 may come from On digital in the north because when i had analouge in the last 4 months i had it.

Did these channels have teletext? If so, they weren't sourced from digital terrestrial. That doesn't have conventional, analogue teletext.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Yes they did have teletext on Chorus analouge and the same teletext is now on my Chorus digital. Friday night i checked out RTE Nationwide to see the regonal opt out. So i taped it via my vhf Muliganish feed (cork) when i took alook at my Chorus RTE 1 feed iwas viewing the west Irland region so CHORUS must be sourceing RTE from an analouge Galaway/Limerick transmiiter. I knew the 4 irish channels must be analouge sourced as the sound is lower than the rest plus the picture isnt as sharp.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,522 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Oh goody. You think they could have sourced the right RTE ONE region - although given Chorus's head-end in in Limerick the fact that you are getting West is not that surprising.

This will present problems if RTE decide to regionalise any further, as they may well be doing. But I guess in that case Chorus might be pursauded to provide the right region - particually in Cork.

Advertisement