Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yet another update...

Options
  • 07-02-2003 12:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,633 ✭✭✭

However, it's slightly OT to my last posting.

Well, I phoned Eircom earlier on today to get in touch with their credit control department. They ended up from the billing dept. to credit control, then they shunted me to Galway, where I waited for about 29 minutes, then I was informed that there were too many calls, and they cut me off. Of course, naturally I wasn't happy about this, but I had to go to work so I couldn't phone back. And because my comps HDD failed, I never got around to rewriting that letter (to include some stuff off my previous posting).

Anyhow, my complaint is why wasn't I handled by credit control that was there, instead of being sent to Galway?

And while I'm at it, I can't understand why when the my mum called the complaints department and they basically told us to 'sod off', as though it was our problem, not theirs. I really consider that bad customer service; passing the buck until you get somone who can twist your words and effectively get rid of you. I think it's wrong to be perfectly honest.

Getting back on topic, is it possible to be able to have a UTVip account on a line splitter? I'm not giving up, but I don't want to have to phone Eircom's credit department again and go through something like it, again.

My first priority would to be giving Eircom less money, while sorting out the splitter issue.

I was also thinking of phoning the comreg and the tca before writing to them, to see what they have to say on the issue, as it is nice to get a little info beforehand.

Any opinions, thoughts tor suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,040 ✭✭✭BKtje

Dont know if you tried this but sending a registered letter can work wonders.

My mom had a problem with ntl(overcharging). She eventually gave up with the biddies even tho they were all very nice and seemed to help her.

She ended up sending a registered letter(i read it here somewhere ;) ) and within 2 days of it being sent she got a phone call from one of the managers giving his phone number and asking to ring him at her convinience.

After talking to him for 5 mins she had it all sorted and a proper bill was on the doorstep the following month.

I realise its a different company, but if you havent done so all ready give it a try.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,633 ✭✭✭stormkeeper

I'll have to wait a while before writing up a letter (I doubt Eircom accept written by pen letters, especially as I'm prone to going back to correct or add stuff in) as my main pc, which uses the printer was struck by a virus a while ago, and I lost a lot of info on it :/

I was hoping to talk with Eircom about the problem, but if they'll only listen to a letter, then I guess it'll have to be a letter....

Thanks for your help, btw

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭WezzyB

I tried closing my MBNA credit card account at the start of the month, I first talked to someone in Ireland and asked to close my account then they sent me to account closures which rang out, then I rang them again and asked to close my account, this time I was sent to the UK account closures who sent me back to Ireland who sent me eventually on to someone who closes accounts. The whole process toke a good 30 minutes!

Its easy to understand why they do this sorta practice, so as to furstrate people into hanging up and maybe not closing their accounts.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,633 ✭✭✭stormkeeper

Erk, that's really bad, but it's sickening having to be transferred to somewhere else to sort out a credit problem then having that place hangs up on you....

Is it so they have all the more reason to sue you for *trying* to get a hold of their proper credit department, and failing to get through and failing to pay for the bill?

I personally feel sickened by their behavior, as this is the 2nd time in the space of a few weeks they have done this.

Advertisement