Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spell Checker

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 697 ✭✭✭The Reaper

its about time! hope ur rite cuz dat will seriously help me when typing through Gaelige! BIG TIME!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Mnemoniac

Ispell has had an Irish dictionary for years now.

Maybe this one should be on the resource list: Irish spell checkers and other stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭Yoda

If you don't have XP, try http://www.evertype.com/software/spellcheckers.html for MacGaelSpell for Mac OS, and use the link there to get to the PC version, GaelSpell. This has just been hugely improved by the way, more than doubling the words in the dictionary.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭Dun

If only there was a grammar checker now! Still have to get a grip on masc/fem nouns. And that's just a beginning!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 reimo

Usáideann mise Gaelspell... ní raobh mé ábalta an ceann atá ag Microsoft a chuir ag obair. Tá Gaelspell maith go leor. Scríobh mé dhá aiste mór leis an Seimeastar seo chaite san Ollscoil. Níl an gramadach an-foirfe ann, ach tá sé go maith le haghaidh an litríocht.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23 reimo

Originally posted by dun_do_bheal
    If only there was a grammar checker now! Still have to get a grip on masc/fem nouns. And that's just a beginning!

There's feck all of that left in the language. The only thing you need Masc/Fem for in Irish is nouns beginning with the letter S.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭Dun

ní raobh mé ábalta an ceann atá ag Microsoft a chuir ag obair.

B'fheidir nach bhfuil Office nó Word XP agat?

There's feck all of that left in the language. The only thing you need Masc/Fem for in Irish is nouns beginning with the letter S.

Well pardon me for breathing. It's a point of grammar I'm just trying to get to grips with, and it is a bit more than just words beginning with 's'.

Advertisement