Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

errcom v utvip dsl carriers

Options
  • 06-02-2003 9:56am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 512 ✭✭✭

Okay so errcom have anounced dsl in march and sure they have to provide a wholesale product...
    Q: if Utvip offer dsl.. Who installs/own the equipment
    Q: if someone took errcom adsl and decided to switch to UTVip what do you thing would be involved? would they simply be switched over as you carrier?

just though i would throw in these few question to mul over ;)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭santalives

If you check the via dsl product this will answer any queries as they are doing this at the moment, so i am sure it would be the same as if utv were doing dsl based on eircom wholesale product

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Q: if Utvip offer dsl.. Who installs/own the equipment

If UTV - or more accurately, their carrier - decided to take the bitstream product, Eircom would install and own the equipment in the Eircom exchanges.

Q: if someone took errcom adsl and decided to switch to UTVip what do you thing would be involved? would they simply be switched over as you carrier?

Technically, I presume that it would just be a matter of routing the user to the nevadatele network instead of Eircom's. Practically speaking though, there isn't really a precedent so I don't know. Presumably this is catered for in existing bitstream contracts.

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

i dont douth you will be locked in to a 1 year contrack:(

Advertisement