Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NWN - Wednesday 05-02-2003

Options
  • 05-02-2003 4:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭

Gentlemen (and ladies if present),

for you're pleasure we shall be partaking of some 'ShadowLords' this very evening. Dress is business casual.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,339 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoLth

damn i've only got studded leather! My boots wont match! What will I wear!!!!!

:)

I see the final two episodes of the series have scored highly. The latest one has a review score of 10. Really looking forward to this series, the reviews have been excellent so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

GENERAL HINTS
    * When creating a new character, don't ignore the Deity field. The campaign recognizes three main deities:
    Lathander (the god of healing), Lliira (the god of joy), or Cyric (the god of murder). The differences
    are fairly small, but can make a difference.
    * Don't neglect the Persuasion skill. Many quests can be resolved by talking your way through something.
    * Pay attention to your henchmen. While not every module has a "gift" from them, some do, but only if you
    treat them well.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

The only time i picked a Deity was in some mod that made me do it... But i did not get back to play it so i have no idea what if anything it did...

So the question is.. what does picking a Deity do?? Does it give me certain attributes i wont get if i go athiest? as in Lathander gives me extra healing skills or something?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭FlashBang

I'll be there... wearing my hot black leather pants and wielding a bullwhip.
    nah, wait... I think I'll go with the heavy crossbow... :p

Just in case: maybe you should post the link to the hak-pack here again in case someone didn't download it already (I already downed it if it was this 3mb hak-pack)

cya
    - Flash

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Squall

Would ye mind one more or is this a closed session? I started playing again during the weekend and ive a hankering for some online play. Will ye be starting at level one agin tonight or are ye using existing characters?

• Advertisement

existing characters but i only joined on monday an apparently we can be stuck up to level 5 (the average of the party) so make a new character.

using existing characters, but a new character will level up pretty quick and is usually quite well protected.

New players are always welcome. Just drop in to the portal server around 8:15, everyone should be there.

http://www.darkkeep.com/files/modul...dowlordshak.zip

you'll need the file at that link to play. Download, and extract the file into your HAK directory in the NWN folder. File is approx 3meg d'load.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Jak

*cough* Cyric *cough*

That was interesting last night! Though it did not seem we got very far... Those chests in the town were a pain.. shifting our alignment like that but more real i suppose so its good.. and them guards.. some of them attacked certain members of the party. After a lot of you left i went to an unexplored corner and found a few more guards and a captain who attacked me.. one or two party members came to help me out and we got some experience and a little loot. By the end i was over encymbered so i need to sell some armour when i find a shop next time.. its only chain mail and stuff but its a little money and im fairly broke as this character.

we've got a good bit of stuff to sell :) Now if only someone *cough* would not kill the merchants we meet.....

I think the guard thing must be connected to alignment.

One of the things I dont like about that alignment shifting is that it affects the entire party, even if you had nothing to do with it! Ends up, either the thief can't do her job properly ro the monks stop advancing as monks.

• Advertisement

I was there when the merchant was killed, had just sold some loot.. then one of our party comes running by with guards after him.. They were not interested in me.. im not sure what happened but the merchant was killed.. maybe someone cast a fireball or something or maybe the guards killed him.

Anyway i went off and helped kill the guards.. i had to force attack them as they were not considered my enemy at the time.

Oh anyone try the penultima series? Im just starting this playing as a single player.. pretty interesting.. funny too

played the first one. love "tucks" :)

The portal city is pretty cool.. hang there and when everyone is ready you go to the middle man place and choose which mod you want.

pretty much the same as Revs house of targets... i mean Windy Shore Inn :)

Unfortunately, it appears NWN can't auto change between modules on the same server (if the group are not all in the new one, it tries to load both... and falls over. at least I think this is what happens). So we are limited to one portal at a time.

Hey i just got into that secret evil cult temple.. kept trying different pass phrases till i got in.. pretty funny cult leader.. i said i was going to kill him for his evil ways and he just went on and on and i gave up and left him alone eventually.. not before stealing a cool scythe though... Had all uber enchantments BUT had to be level 9 and i was level 3 (only a few xp points to 4) and also had to be chaotic to use it.. since i was lawful good it was useless other than for money.. got almost 9000 for it!! Then i went off to the arena.. and after killing the first creature it was time to level up.. now on to the second module methinks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Light0r

Whats this now ?
    A mod ???
    name dl page etc plz

Advertisement