Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Praise for an Eircom engineer.

Options
  • 05-02-2003 3:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 749 ✭✭✭

This may be considered a little OT but here goes. This board has often been criticised for its negativity, so to lighten things up for a minute, I'd like to say......

"Big up and thank you to the best Eircom Engineer in the world!"

Last week I spent several hours with an Eircom engineer who went out of his way to ensure that ADSL would be available in the building where I was working before he left it, no matter what.

Eircom have a responsibility only up to 20 metres from where their cable enters a building but thanks to the dedication and sheer ingenuity of the engineer we investigated a whole series of options to get ADSL into a room 6 floors up with no phone sockets. After a several hours locating ducts, the mdf and various other bits and bobs in the building he was succesful and I am extremely grateful, so thank you Sean.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭ando

I wish I got an engineer like that :( bloody line's still down

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭pork99

Originally posted by Dangger
    This may be considered a little OT but here goes. This board has often been criticised for its negativity, so to lighten things up for a minute, I'd like to say......

"Big up and thank you to the best Eircom Engineer in the world!"

"There is no such thing as bad soldiers, only bad officers" as Napoleon Bonaparte once said (or words to that effect)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

ye its nice when you get a sound one . the guy that installed my isdn line years ago was brillent done everything i wanted and no mess at all . guess it helps to say i know ur daughter .. if you dont do as i want ill go out with her .. :p

but nice non the less

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

Dave,
    Are you gone from the IrelandOffline committee ? You no longer have the IrelandOffline Committee tagline. Or is this just a server **** up ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

isnt the install done by a sub contractor ??
    guy who done mine was a subbie routed cable all over me house to amke it look better which was nice of him.

kdjac

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

the one that came round here to remove my ISDN yesterday somehow managed to leave me with 2 out of the 4 *normal* phone connections i have not working, aswell as disabling my caller Id service.

:confused:

i dont know why im even surprised :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Dangger

I am still chairman, I've asked for my boards title to be reinstated. Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

Originally posted by Dangger
    I am still chairman, I've asked for my boards title to be reinstated. Thanks.

Cool.

I have to agree though that many of the Engineers are sound and will readily rewire half your house if you give em a small bit of cash. Its not the people at servicelevel that are the problem anyway.

Its the guys in Stephens Green

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭Valentia

About 2 years ago I had some noise on my line. I rang Eircom. They said they would check the line and ring me back. Half an hour later no phone call but the doorbell rand. "Dad there's a guy here from Eircom about the phone" He had it sorted in 10 minutes.

Two weeks ago my connection speeds dropped dramatically. Noticed some noise again. Rang at four on Friday afternoon. 10am Saturday the engineer arrived. Took a bit longer this time but he ran a new underground cable and now it's flying. These guys should be praised when it's deserved. I've always found the engineers dead sound.

Still staying with UTV tho' and told the guy who rang me tonight from Eircom to go away and stop annoying me, I'm not going back. I have my new cable well paid for with the exhorbitant line rental.

Advertisement