Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Get broadband now??

Options
  • 05-02-2003 1:30am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 772 ✭✭✭

Should I take the 1/2 meg option form IrishBroadband if I pass the LOS? Or should I wait till another uncapped services is offered(don't think so)????

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,040 ✭✭✭BKtje

imo: if you can get it, go for it. Its not as cheap as most other european countries but its not that far off, especially considering the 512 upload.
    You wont get any cheaper for the moment.

Once its avail in Dun Laoghaire i know ill be signing up :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭theciscokid

are you mad?

go for irishbroadband's service if u can get it

512k down / 512k up

NO CAP and @ €50 a month,

a little bit pricey setting up but you could live with it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

got it installed last week and it's worked out great for me

no more heavy thuds as the next eircom bill comes though the door :)

BrianG

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭the corpo

i know it's probably been mentioned on another thread, but is there any movement towards availability in blackrock yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭quozl

it's well worth getting if you can. I know I'm saving money on my net costs, even with the 1meg option.
    Greg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 428 ✭✭Son of Blam

Greg, did you ever sort out that high ping problem you posted about on wireless?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 772 ✭✭✭Chaos-Engine

Just passed my LOS by a mile :)
    I'm one happy bunny

Getting it installed in less than a fortnight..

Yippy. No more Zip disking my college note :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭quozl

Originally posted by Son of Blam
    Greg, did you ever sort out that high ping problem you posted about on wireless?

Sort of, i usually get a good ping, but with some random spiking. Can vary from hour to hour. It's fractionally lower ping than my isdn, but the extra bandwidth really helps with q3,
    Greg

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Just passed the LOS for the second time, they said the signal was very good now. Was pinging the gateway at under 10 ms with no spiking, so it's looking good. Getting it installed in a week or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Big P

What about NTL broadband? It's cheaper at €35 per mo/ and €30 per mo/ if you use their digital service. That seems to be the bext option for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭STaN

Originally posted by Big P
    What about NTL broadband? It's cheaper at €35 per mo/ and €30 per mo/ if you use their digital service. That seems to be the bext option for me.

if you live in the small pockets in tallaght or telmpleogue then you should ring up, otherwise it is NOT available anywhere else in dublin or ireland for that matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

when will those services be avialable in cork city anyone know? 564/564 no cap kick ass:D :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Big P

Originally posted by STaN
    if you live in the small pockets in tallaght or telmpleogue then you should ring up, otherwise it is NOT available anywhere else in dublin or ireland for that matter.
    Ah. What if you can get NTL Digital? Are you elligible? My friend has it in the same area so this way I won't have to ring up.

Advertisement