Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

There WAS one once!!!

Options
  • 04-02-2003 5:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 37

Wasn't there a case (not sure if it was football or hurling) last year, or maybe the year before, when a game which wasn't a final or semi-final was played in Croke Park? If not, tell me I'm talking rubbish, but if it did happen, why?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭Waylander

Most Dublin matches are held there, again that is a capacity issue. It could also be a neutural venue if a southern team are playing a northie team. I think that happend in the qualiiers last year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭ironbrew

hmm aye there was deff quallifiers played in croke park, also Tyrone Vs Sligo was a Q-final...(i tihnk) my memory isn't that good!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭kingconor

It was the last round of the qualifiers i think! It happened a whole load of times last year! Meath v Dublin, Tyrone v Sligo, there's more but i cant remeber them!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭Waylander

Meath v Dublin was Leinster championship.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Yavvy

yeah for some reason Tyrone and sligo were asked to play at croaker..the GAA claimed that it was so smaller counties could get a chance to play at head quarters..but thats crap.
    It was simply to annoy the dubs as 2000 Tyrone supporters were given hill tickets. Oh the bastardness of it all

• Advertisement
Advertisement